+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Old flame's Body Language

Old flame's Body Language

Recently I've started to become friends with my ex again, after she contacted me a few months ago. We chat online "frequently"( a once or twice a week) and I've seen her a few times, however only briefly. When I've seen her I noticed something, that I can only describe as strange with our interactions.

I've seen her a couple times where its been just the two of us, and I would swear her body languages reads that she's attracted to me. Tilted head, flushed cheeks, big big big smile (to name a few). It's like the way she behaved around me just before we started going out. (As we don't hug or kiss in our hello's or goodbye's)

Then there are the situations where, we bump into people we/she knows, and she acts differently. She suddenly becomes ackward, distant...etc. And if there are people around to begin with, she stays distant from me. I have also gone out with a group of ppl and she's been there, and she was friendly but distant.

Here's the thing, as she was my first love, she is special to me. And I'm not sure if I'll ever fully get her out of my system, But I have no desire to actually be with her again. I'm happier now, then I have been in a very very long time.

I'm trying to understand the "old flame" complex. Has anyone run into this in the past? She loves her boyfriend, but she still seems attracted to me, how is that possible?

Oh I also discovered, she doesnt tell her roomates/friends when she has come by to seet me. (Long story as to how I came across that info) Which may explain why she's been awckward when we've bumped into people...

Deja Vu

Deja Vu!!!

I've been there dude. My ex was not my first love, but she is very special to me, indeed. I still love her, but don't want to be with her and am happier on my own.

My old flame is still physically attracted to me. I've seen all the signs, such as - smiling with her eyes, leaning towards me, preening, ect.

I can elaborate on why my ex is behaving like this, but I can't with your situation. I don't know the circumstances of the breakup - EG - Who broke up with who? How long were you two together?