+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could I really be a submissive boyfriend?

Could I really be a submissive boyfriend?

Hello to all!

In recent days, I have come to realize another issue that may be upon my relationship. I have recently moved in with my girlfriend and I am currently working part-time, with a strong possibility of becoming full-time, as long as I keep putting my time in. My girlfriend works full-time, so on the days that I am home, I usually try to straighten up the place a bit. Whether it be doing dishes, sweeping, cleaning the bathroom/toilet, making the bed, folding the clean laundry (hers and mine), these are all things that I find myself doing on almost a daily basis.

Now I understand that I am doing the right thing, considering that I am able to since I am home, and of course, the main goal in the back of my mind is to keep my girlfriend happy and stress free by doing these chores. But I am starting to feel a bit submissive to her now, even though she doesn't portray that "domme" type at all, but still it just seems as if she's enjoying it a bit too much. It's gotten to the point where she expects me to take her drinking glass to the sink when she is done now. She usually will thank me for the things I do, but sometimes I think that is just to make me feel appreciated, though I still feel submissive and almost like a "male housewife".

Which leads me to my point and previous thread about our sex life. My girlfriend doesn't ever take initiative to start a sexual encounter and never seems too interested in having sex, for that matter. So I am usually the one who has to initiate the situation and make things happen. And when we do have sex, she usually wants me to do all the work until she reaches her climax, and once she does, she starts asking me to reach my climax as well! Almost as if she's being selfish and basically wants to stop having sex once she's done. I don't know. I just think that I am going way beyond my means to make her happy and she is enjoying every bit of it, almost as if she thinks she is superior to me and that I belong doing all of these things for her...

Any advice?

She's losing respect for you, which will be the ultimate demise of your relationship. It's one thing to appreciate the help your significant other gives you, but to expect it is another. I have been on the female end of this relationship and when the relationship ended, the only thing I was sad about was that I had to do housework, or hire a maid. The fact she's expecting you to wait on her hand and foot and trying to shorten your sexual relations aren't good signs.
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

I was like that too except it wasn't as bad as you described. There's wanting to do things for her and doing too much. I learned the hard way now though.

Taper it back a bit and see what happens.

Does she think because she works full time she is in the power position in this relationship, so will that change when you become full time too?
    She sounds like she treats you like her man servant if not cool by you, say so and set boundaries.