+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Paris Terrorist Attacks

Paris Terrorist Attacks

Can't believe no one is talking about that on here.. death toll has reached last I checked around 129 people from various locations around Paris.
    It's scary because you just never know when these terrorists will attack and at what event. London has been victim in the past too.

My sympathy to all the victims of the attacks and their families and to all our members from Paris and France on loveforum too.

An artist crated this image and I think it's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by megvoh View Post
    Can't believe no one is talking about that on here.. death toll has reached last I checked around 129 people from various locations around Paris.
    It's scary because you just never know when these terrorists will attack and at what event. London has been victim in the past too.

My sympathy to all the victims of the attacks and their families and to all our members from Paris and France on loveforum too.

An artist crated this image and I think it's beautiful.

This mother focking terrorist are getting enough attention from the media which is undeserving btw and does not warrant anymore attention from anyone. It is what they want. Why should you give them that benefit??!!!

I am dismayed that only first world countries get media attention about terrorism. Where's the sympathy for Syria? Lebanon? Iraq?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

With all due respect to victims of terror everywhere, it's a tiny bit easier to muster up sympathy for countries whose inhabitants weren't filmed celebrating 9/11 in the streets when it happened.
    Last edited by smarta$$; 16-11-15 at 07:47 PM.

[MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION], Thanks for raising awareness of the event. Too few have done so this weekend beyond the "I changed my Facebook post to the French flag".

[MENTION=64115]basilandthyme[/MENTION], your post may be misconstrued. Unless you mean otherwise, let me clarify. This page: [url=http://finance.yahoo.com/news/isis-10-most-extreme-acts-101500486.html]ISIS?s 10 Most Extreme Acts of Terror - Yahoo Finance[/url] is a list of the top 10 reasons why you shouldn't support these ****ers. Too few people comprehend ISIS' actions, and many of them inhabit positions of power (especially in the U.S.A).

Personally, I'm not voting against Obama v2.0 (a.k.a. Hillary Clinton). That's what I can do now to stand against these people.

[MENTION=80755]smarta$$[/MENTION], I'm in agreement. But if I'm correct, basilandthyme doesn't deserve any vitriol. We know who is at fault here and it isn't her.

[MENTION=76442]dontaskme[/MENTION]: Despite living only 50% of my life in Texas, I've taken the saying "Remember the Alamo" to heart. Mourn the victims, but strive to prevent the tragedy from occurring again.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    With all due respect to victims of terror everywhere, it's a tiny bit easier to muster up sympathy for countries whose inhabitants weren't filmed celebrating 9/11 in the streets when it happened.
    It may be easier for you to be selective, but I have compassion for innocent citizens in any country which is affected by terrorism.

The acts of a reprehensible few do not represent all the inhabitants of a country. There are refugees streaming from these countries in an effort to escape the same terrorist acts which have now hit France.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    It may be easier for you to be selective, but I have compassion for innocent citizens in any country which is affected by terrorism.

The acts of a reprehensible few do not represent all the inhabitants of a country. There are refugees streaming from these countries in an effort to escape the same terrorist acts which have now hit France.
    Yes, I am fully aware of this. Nonetheless, that is most likely WHY people may appear less sympathetic. It is human nature to have emotional reactions to events that impact them.

And by the way... you did not mention Israel, who is under a constant barrage. My point is, even those who consider themselves to be the most liberal and tolerant have their biases, whether intentional or not.

And superhappytime... I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, but do not feel especially motivated to ask for an explanation.
    Last edited by smarta$$; 17-11-15 at 07:11 PM.

Thank you very much for your thoughts of sympathy and thread, megvoh.

I am along with my family safe and unharmed by the terrorist attacks but we have friends of the family who were injured in the attacks. We here are in the process of healing and getting back some normalcy.

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    Yes, I am fully aware of this. Nonetheless, that is most likely WHY people may appear less sympathetic. It is human nature to have emotional reactions to events that impact them.

And by the way... you did not mention Israel, who is under a constant barrage. My point is, even those who consider themselves to be the most liberal and tolerant have their biases, whether intentional or not..
    I do know why people are less sympathetic. Media, politics and personal connection being the most common reasons.

No I did not mention Israel. Or Palestine. Or Egypt. Or Afghanistan. Or Somalia. Or Yemen. Or Thailand. Or Nigeria. Do you want me to continue? Sad fact is that there are so many countries who's citizens are suffering that I cannot choose one more than any others to sympathise with.

Thanks all who posted. Apparently they are saying Paris is still a target and also USA ( NY and Wash. I heard) Hope security is stepped up everywhere in the world.

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]
    I'm sorry your friend was injured in the terrorist attacks, thoughts go out to them and all who were victims of terror. Glad you and yours weren't injured and YW. Hope to see you posting around soon.
    My aunt and uncle are still heading to Paris in December.. they can't keep the world away.
    Last edited by megvoh; 21-11-15 at 12:02 AM.

Thank you, hopefully when mended they will resume their life as normally as possible after this type of horrible event. I am pleased that your family is still travelling to Paris and won't allow what happened to scare them off from our beautiful city.

I have a brief window of time this morning where I can post a few posts online.

I fear London will likely be the next target. It is a scary world we are living in. So much hatred

Prayers sent out to all victims of the terror attacks 'round the world ~ Scary times we are in again.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Are you living in London, [MENTION=81895]lightstar[/MENTION]? I think we'll get another dose of it definitely but I believe the USA is being targeted probably before us, and I hope not on their behalf.
    Christmas and NYE holidays are prime occasions for terrorism.

They are 100% still going, topaz. It's their anniversary spot <3

Yeah, they threatened us ( NY ) again -- how predictable, right? Paris will and has pulled through shit like this, same as here because violence or the mere threat of it -- won't have any of the world's countries cower. I have friends and family still traveling to France and other areas overseas too.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.