+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, please give your thoughts. I'm foolish right?

Ladies, please give your thoughts. I'm foolish right?

My girlfriend and I break up for about 2 weeks. During this time she meets some new friends because she wanted to get away from our mutual friends. She is the type that has more guy than girlfriends, and this held true. She had befriended like 10 guy friends and a few girls which she started to hung out with. Two weeks later, we started talking again, and I meet her outside her apartment, and a few of her new guy friends who lived on the same block were walking by and said hello. She greeted them, and introduced me as her friend. Which I thought was weird as two seconds before she was proclaiming her love. Then, one of the guys invited her to one of his friends bday party which was at a bar. She declined. I asked her why she introduced me as her friend, and she gave me some run around excuse, but at the time, I really couldn't get upset bc we weren't "together" per-say. Moving forward, I found out she had really gotten to know one guy in particular, axel. At this point we were back together, but she couldnt stfu about axel. He's so smart, going to Cambridge blah blah (so what we're in med school!) and how he's a genius. My instincts went off instantaneously, but I kept calm and didn't say anything. She would continue to text him and stuff and then, I found out she was going to meet him to work on her personal statement for our residency applications. Let it be known, she never asked me for help. Fair is fair and she did invite me to meet up. She invited me but I felt as though it was one of those forced invites because she knew she'd be wrong and id bring it up had she not invited. I declined. But, my better got the worse of me and I spied on them. They went in her car and she wore some tight as yoga pants. They did work on the paper, and I saw no hugs or kisses. She kept going on and on about him. And I finally asked her why she didn't ask me to help her first. Again, some lame excuse that she didn't want to bother me or something. At this point I knew she had a crush on him.

Here is where it gets interesting. Her bday came up and she supposedly invited all her newly friends. None showed up except axel, and our mutual friends of course. Now, I came late on purpose to see how she would react me coming in late, and to see if she was sitting oddly close to him or whatever. I came late, she introduced me to axel, and at this point I was about to blow up. But, saner minds prevail. So, I played the game and spat some chit-chat. All the while, she was paying him more attention. At the end of the night, Axel had to leave early bc he has no car. Her and I were paying and she literally ran to axel as she saw him walking out the front door. She offered him a ride (wtf is that about), and asked him is he ok, is everything alright? (again wtf...) So, here I am sloppy seconds with some attention after he leaves. That night, I blow the F up and exhaust everything, and tell her all that I've told you guys.

Here's the worst. I basically said, **** that, it's me or him. She basically said him: "He is very special to me and I developed a close bond with him, he helped me through our breakup blah blah". I told her, you're choosing this guy you met 3 weeks ago over your loved boyfriend of 3 years? Yes, she replied.

I caved in and said ok fine, talk to him but I want to know every time you and him talk, I want to know the instance he sends you a text, call or email. She agreed. But it fell on deaf ears. I repeatadly had to ask her if she spoke with him, and she did and forgot to tell me. hmmm

One day, we were hanging out and I could tell something was REALLY upsetting her. I asked her what's going on and to my surprise, she was outrageously mad at axel because she found out he is cheating on his girlfriend back in Boston which some random chick. "I don't like him anymore, he's an asshole" etc. I couldn't figure it out, I mean if she was just friends she shouldn't have been so affected by this. Then it hit me, she had some kind of sexual contact with him/had a crush hence why she choose him over me and then when she found out he had a girlfriend, he was not only playing those other two girls, but playing her as well (me three now that I think about it). I blow up that night and demand to look through her phone. The way she fought me, I've never seen her like that before. It was like fort knox, I was not going to see her phone.

I eventually managed to let her show me her phone but I was not to touch it and she would open and scroll. Nothing in her texts, call, but whatsapp was another battle. She confined that some of her new guy friends had asked her out and she declined according to her.

At this point I tell her to **** off and she begs me. Retarded me take her back and I tell her she can't see or talk by any means to any of these guys or girls she meet bc it's like poison to us. She agreed.

A month later, basically last week, I was using her laptop and with all honestly, I went to check my mail not realizing it was her laptop, and it took me to her mail account. The first thing I see was a "RE: what do you think about this essay" from Axel. I got furious and snooped. I looked for other messages and there wasn't. But, the message I saw was a reply from Axel, meaning she sent him an original message and deleted it.

Once again, I bring it up and she makes excuses after I told her exactly I didn't want her to talk to him. The story ends there.

I feel fooled mainly by myself, but don't let me thoughts influence you. PLEASE TELL ME HONESTLY WHAT YOU THINK, FEEL AND WHAT YOU WOULD DO.

Thank you all, much love.

**Btw, to those who'll say, "what about the shit you did?" I can honestly say, nothing. That is the full story.

Please comment.

I had this problem with this girl who I liked. We were very close, we didn't date but she said she liked me and I liked her etc. I wasn't her boyfriend, but this bullshit was this kind of crap that brought us down. I seriously don't accept this. First off, during your first paragraph, where she starts idolising Axe I instantly recognised this as a problem to which I have experienced. The girl, whom I was talking about would start talking about these new guys she met and how cool and funny they were they FIRST day of us becoming friends again. It was as if she was trying to make me jealous. But then things popped up, I asked her about it and coincidence, excuses excuses and none of them match for my smarty ass. Anyways, we aren't friends or anything anymore. Glad I am not. If I was you I'd dump that hoe, delete her number block her ass ff everything and move on. I have lived through this and thank god she wasn't my girlfriend because if she was id kindly put her in her grave. Hope this helped.

- - - Updated - - -

PS I wouldn't actually put her in a grave just dump her bitch ass OK JUST CLARIFYING

Neither of you should be in this relationship. Seriously. You are far too controlling and manipulative, and your girlfriend isn't ready for a relationship. Clearly she doesn't feel quite the same way about you as she did before, you've already been through a break up and got back together, and it's still not working. So if I were you, I'd cut my losses and move on. Neither of you should be together because it sounds toxic. You need to relent on your controlling attitude and it sounds like she needs space to focus on herself and her own needs. She doesn't need someone telling her who she can and can't talk to. You don't need to feel like you should be telling her who she can and can't hang out with either. If you don't trust her, why the F are you with her?