+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How many times will a guy try to get a girl's attention, before he gives up?

How many times will a guy try to get a girl's attention, before he gives up?

This has been going on about 3 months off and on. We are both shy quiet types. He has tried to get my attention multiple times. He also seems to want me to approach him. I have shied away maybe 3 times. I can't believe he hasn't given up yet (not that I want him to) I am unfortunately that shy. Every time I think he gave up he tries again. I know it can't last forever. Any opinions or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Irene123 View Post
    This has been going on about 3 months off and on. We are both shy quiet types. He has tried to get my attention multiple times. He also seems to want me to approach him. I have shied away maybe 3 times. I can't believe he hasn't given up yet (not that I want him to) I am unfortunately that shy. Every time I think he gave up he tries again. I know it can't last forever. Any opinions or suggestions?
    If you have feelings for him, pursue a relationship. Men (but not boys) can relate to women who exert themselves.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

They give up when they think it's a lost cause. Or when they simply can't face more rejection from the one they care about.

Have you at least smiled at him?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If its "not that you want him to" (give up that is) then why pray tell are you not being open to his advances? You don't have to worry about being shy when you are shown that you have value.

Tell us: How has he "tried to get your attention three times" now?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yes I smiled and waved at him. First time I was sitting outside and he honked his car horn and waved. I waved back. He then put his car hood up like he had car trouble but he really didn't he wanted me to come down to see what is going on. Second time he was kinda standing up in his second floor window when I was walking down the alley. The third time I did not see him when I went to take a walk. When I was about two houses down there was a scraping noise, metal on sidewalk. I didn't pay any attention to it figuring somebody is working outside. I realized when I came back in the house and passed the window it was him. What made me really think he did that to get my attention, is when I drove past a few minutes later. He gave me an angry stare.

His bonnet was up and he honked and waved. And you waved back. I did exactly the same thing when one of my friends was in a near drowning incident and I was in a boat a couple of hundred metres away. They were waving for me to bring the boat but I just thought they were waving for fun.

Anyway, this is way too many assumptions on your part. How do you know that his car wasn't broken down? And even if it wasn't broken down, perhaps he was checking his oil or water. And I very much doubt that he was making scraping noises to get your attention - he was probably just working.

Did he know it was you driving past when he gave you an 'angry stare'? How do you know he wasn't just thinking and looking in your general direction? (my son accuses me of staring at him, but usually I'm lost in thought and just staring in his general direction)

If you want to get something going with this guy, pull on your big girl panties and go talk with him. If you don't know his name, go up to him and say "Hi, I'm Irene. I've seen you around"
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Find the match for you.whereweallmeet, a place where we provide events, dating ideas and personal service.

I'd try two times and then I'd pass and move on to another that caught my interest.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.