+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Go-bag: Being prepared... or being creepy?

Go-bag: Being prepared... or being creepy?

So, I'm a bachelor once again (age 38). Just got out of nine-year relationship. Been trying to get back into the dating scene in Austin, TX and have even considered PUA. I like to be prepared, so in my vehicle I keep an overnight kit which has some articles of benefit.

Basically it's a travel kit with the following travel-sized items: Comb, Toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, toothbrushes (x2), condoms, lubricants, scented tea-light candles, massage oil, rolled-up hand-towel, and maybe a couple of other things. I don't keep any novelties or toys or anything like that.

I told my friend about this 'Bachelor Go-bag' and he thinks that the candles might be a red flag for women. What say you? Should I add anything? Take away? What items would send you a red flag?

I think it's ALL a little creepy and presumptuous, especially the candles, lube, and massage oil. Why don't you just put a condom in your wallet like the rest of the world?

I vote a little creepy. I always keep tooth paste and a toothbrush with me, but thats because on a daily basis I hate stuff stuck in my teeth. So I vote, keep:
    tooth brush
    tooth paste
    comb
    condoms

That way it looks as if it could be for any situation and not just to bag some girl.

I personally don't see a problem with it, as long as you get the bag out AFTER you're going to be staying the night.
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

Quote Originally Posted by friendsfirst View Post
    I personally don't see a problem with it, as long as you get the bag out AFTER you're going to be staying the night.
    Agreed, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by gubermensch View Post
    Agreed, of course!
    I think it's nice when someone is prepared, also thinking of setting the mood, not just a quick smash. I would think it'd earn major points to whatever lady you would use it with. IMO.
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

It wouldn't score any points with me... unless of course we were already in a relationship and you had to forthought to set the mood. To do it just in case you "bag" some chick seems presumptuous, pretentious, premeditated and would make me wonder just how many women you pick up and bag that you keep a bag of tricks with you at all times.

Put a condom in your wallet with a sign on it "in case of emergencies." Pack a "bag" once you've been invited.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why do you need an overnight kit for a ONS? Can't you just f uck and leave? Clean up at your own place.

I have to admit, that's a good question. Thanks for contributing.

Another thought about carrying around lube... I may be over-thinking it, but if a man came at me with lube, I would assume it was because he isn't very good with foreplay. Believe it or not, most women (not all) don't need it if properly warmed up.

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    Another thought about carrying around lube... I may be over-thinking it, but if a man came at me with lube, I would assume it was because he isn't very good with foreplay. Believe it or not, most women (not all) don't need it if properly warmed up.
    One ALWAYS needs lube when entering through the back door. Perhaps that's Op's "thing?" lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    One ALWAYS needs lube when entering through the back door. Perhaps that's Op's "thing?" lol
    True, I didn't think of that. lol

Thanks for all of your honest feedback. I'm kinda slapping my forehead and having these "duh!" moments now.
    I don't mind saying that I'm an attractive young man with gentleman-ly affect. I haven't yet plunged myself into the Pick-Up Artistry but I aspire to because I just want to get it out of my system before I commit to the next long-term relationship (which I do take seriously). I do my best to shed vibes of creepiness; and I never lie to get anyone in bed.
    But yes, your feedback made me consider the micro-dynamics of the situation. I was overthinking it and wanting to be prepared. I just need to carry a condom in the wallet, plain and simple. I know I'll never be James Bond. All those other articles are generally for longer-term dating in which case it's best to keep in the home setting (mine or hers) rather than my vehicle. Thanks again, ladies.