+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he emotionally abusing me?

Is he emotionally abusing me?

Hello everybody,

So, I met this guy 2 months ago and he was so sweet. We texted, flirted, had awesome dates and awesome sex on our 7th date (5 weeks after we knew each other). Before having sex, we always had arguments cuz he was complaining about me not caring enough. In fact I was really so attracted to him but I was kind of cautious at the beginning, just being myself until he forced me to change completely, so I had to pretend to be needy and text him every one or two hours to convince him he was the only one I cared for.

After we had sex, he was expecting me to act differently and be more passionate, so we started arguing again because he accused me of faking my feelings and exaggerating. I did my best to prove to him that I really wanted us to be together so I started to tell him sweet words but never confessed love, so he told me I was too emotional and overreacting to everything! At this point, I was totally confused and clueless, so I started to pull away, but again he kept fighting and accusing me of being mysterious and fake.

We went out 3 times after we had sex (no sex involved) and everything was great apart from the arguments every now and then. Two weeks ago, he started to text less and care less, he didn't want to see me or answer my calls. I tried to talk to him but he said that he was looking for a serious relationship but my actions shut him down because he thinks I'm lying to him. I tried to fix it, so I tried to show more care, but he ended up accusing me of treating him like we are married already and he asked me to give him space, which I understood and agreed on. After that conversation, he sparingly initiated contact. When I texted him, he would respond after 1 or 2 hours, sometimes 6 hours.

Last time I texted him was 4 days ago saying "I miss the old you, the warm and sweet you I used to know when we first met". He answered immediately saying that he didn't know what's going on exactly with him at this stage of his life. He also said that he felt lost and preferred to spend time alone. I texted him later that night asking about how he felt and he said he was going to visit a friend. I never heard back from him since then and I didn't try to contact him. He once said he's not dating others but he still doesn't talk to me or ask me out. What does he want? Should I move on?

This guy had several chances to end everything between us because I had strong feelings for him and I couldn't stand his coldness, so I offered friendship or complete withdrawal more than once but he didn't let me go!

P.S he's an Aquarius, I am a Scorpio. Just in case someone has studied Astrology.

Aquarius, Scorpio, who gives a shit? Why on earth would you want to be with a person who not only are you constantly arguing with after only 7 dates, but is also trying to change you into who you are NOT? If you don't feel like being passionate, just tell him you're not feeling it! You don't need to fake anything just to please a guy you barely know.

He is basically breaking up with you in his actions and words and you are better off without somebody so confusing, dramatic, unstable and immature.

He might have another girl on his hook and that is why he is blowing you off and not available as much. I'd move on, he doesn't want to spend time with you so don't waste any more of your time on him. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    He might have another girl on his hook and that is why he is blowing you off and not available as much. I'd move on, he doesn't want to spend time with you so don't waste any more of your time on him. Sorry.
    Yes! I thought of that too!

Maybe his love language is different from your love language.

http://tinyurl.com/relationships-tricks-technique
    http://tinyurl.com/dating-howitworks
    http://tinyurl.com/relationshipslike-rightnow

since you have only known him 2months and your gut instinct is that he is abusive and bad for you emotionally, then you shoukd trust your gut and move on

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Aquarius, Scorpio, who gives a shit? Why on earth would you want to be with a person who not only are you constantly arguing with after only 7 dates, but is also trying to change you into who you are NOT? If you don't feel like being passionate, just tell him you're not feeling it! You don't need to fake anything just to please a guy you barely know.
    Don't knock it, it's why my last relationship didn't work. I'm a Sagittarius, and she was a Whore.

Also lightstar is on to something, it's only been two months. I've worked everyday with some coworkers for a year or two and still learn the occasional startling fact from them (previously depressed to the point of almost committed suicide, wanted to keep the fact she was pregnant a secret because she's had a few miscarriages, someone who we guessed had a huge crush for a coworker he argued with because the chick he got a private dance from was a carbon copy lookalike) Fact is, you probably don't know this guy as well as you do.

Did you have that weird conversation, where you connected on a personal level?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHappyTime1 View Post
    Don't knock it, it's why my last relationship didn't work. I'm a Sagittarius, and she was a Whore.
    ... Lmao!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion