+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know what to do now. Crush problems.

Don't know what to do now. Crush problems.

I need help figuring stuff out. I'm confused and nervous about what to do. I don't have friends close enough to confide in

I've got a huge crush on this insanely cute guy. We've not met prior, but I saw his picture one day and checked out his social media and I've not been able to stop thinking about him. I constantly fantasize about being together with him. I've got it so bad.

I decided to send him a message on facebook. Introduce myself and complement him on a performance I saw him in recently. I didn't want it to be just a complement, thanks, then move on, which it nearly was. I asked a question and tried to get a conversation going, hoping he'd catch on that I was interested in getting to know him more. We had a somewhat short conversation about plays, but it kind of ended faster than I hoped. I just left it by saying it was a good chat and maybe we'd see each other around campus sometime. He didn't respond to that part.

I don't know what to do now. I'm still crushing hard. But I don't want to be that person that messages again and make myself seem invasive or annoying. You know? I don't know what to do. I'm not good at moving on, especially in this case because I feel like there's even the smallest chance we could click. That small chance gets me incredibly hopeful which makes the crush stay as strong.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Because you found him on social media and began a conversation with him, give it some time. Just think of it the other way around, if a guy you didn't know
    messaged you on facebook, regardless of how persistent you are, it takes time. No one really hits it off straight away on social media.
    Talk here and there, get to know him a bit more before you base your feelings just on how he looks.
    The important thing is be with someone who treats you right, not how good they are in your fantasies.
    Love is difficult, but we can make it easier to tackle by supporting each other.

http://emotionaid.org

We all go through crushes, and it can be emotionally painful, but it's just one of life's lessons.....you can't always get what you want. You can't make him want you, feel the same way as you do. If he isn't taking initiative to message you, he isn't interested. Sorry but you must accept this reality and move on. I went through it 5 times.....it sucks, but it makes sense later on in life. You will be able to live without them. These feeling will go away in time.

Well, first there must be a strong reason for you to move on from him, for example: like you shouldn't be thinking about it all the time and get more activities with friends, find sth you really interest at. I know it would be a painful that you have to move on, but it's true sometimes things like this happen on us so we can appreciate someone's feeling more. Well, it will not be fast to coming off this kinda thing, as move on is so hard and almost not happening at times, but I believe you can do it.

crushes are good and sad. sometimes it works out, sometimes not don't give up easily, try to get to know each other in real life