+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "You never forget first love" What does that mean?

"You never forget first love" What does that mean?

Do you believe your first love/teen love memories always invokes a sweet and sensitive side of you?

Do you think as you get older, each ex you loved afterwards loses its novelty? For example, what if you are neither her first nor her last?

Do you take a more pragmatic approach to love? Such as do you approach love more practically now as an adult than you do with fiery emotion and idealisms?

I have heard people describe first love as "magical", "changing", "sweet", " innocent" and "a base of comparison"...

It is not a coincidence that top romance movies and music portray youthful, first love experiences.

17 Again
    The Notebook
    Lean On by Major Lazer
    Modern pop songs including some by Adele
    These are just a mere fraction that are at the tip of my tongue.

I have heard theories from psychologists that explain this connection. I have read articles about theories of imprinting, dopamine levels, and explanations from experts that first love experiences are the strongest connections you will ever have to someone outside your family.

1. No
    2. Yes/No. It depends on the person, on the relationship, and how it ended.
    3. I am naturally more of a practical & logical thinker than I am an emotional thinker, so I definitely approach love & relationships the same way.
    4. They are describing fairy tale, fictional romance stories; not real life.
    5. It is not a coincidence. It is carefully orchestrated and formatted to target a specific demographic that will literally buy into the story of love and romance as "magical".
    6. All of those factors contribute to different meanings of love for different people.

Loverage21 what are you doing over here?
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 25-11-15 at 01:15 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Maybe with first love people are not so quick to start sex cause theres less experience. When you hold back sex for a month or longer then feelings develops and it gets romantical and when sex finally happens it make feelings only stronger. At takes a while to love strong with heart not dick.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Do you believe your first love/teen love memories always invokes a sweet and sensitive side of you?

If the relationship was good & it ended alright.

Do you think as you get older, each ex you loved afterwards loses its novelty? For example, what if you are neither her first nor her last?

Some mean more than others because the connection was deeper.

Do you take a more pragmatic approach to love? Such as do you approach love more practically now as an adult than you do with fiery emotion and idealisms?

Yes, no more gushy innocent puppy love here ~ Looking for a future for life partner.

I have heard people describe first love as "magical", "changing", "sweet", " innocent" and "a base of comparison"...

Innocent ~ Yes If the 1st love was in your teens.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

If they were a bitch or asshole you work hard at forgetting them, imo and if you still recall them they must have hurt you immensely.

A virgin never forgets the boy who touched and saw her for the very first time.
    And a man never forgets her .

If you loved them, and they back at you then yes. But if it was a drunk or quick horny romp, not sure it's the same feelings.

Of course you don't completely forget past loves because you cannot erase the past but a healthy person will get over them and not cry over spilt milk for years.. You move on and find happieness with someone else and lead an emotionally fulfilling life. If you cannot get over an ex then you need to stop living in the past. What is meant to be will be. I am kinda into tarot cards and the death card or towers card is about ending and new beginnings. It may feel like your whole world has been turned upside down but it is a necessaray evil and for each ending there is a new beginning. The wheel of fortune will turn and bring you better things if you let go of the past

You don't forget, but the feelings/emotions do dissipate. First love never stays up on a pedestal.

It's just a moment in your life, like your first day of school, the first time you learned to ride a bike, when you get your driver's license, etc.

Answer me this, I recently saw my first love after 25 years...(very bad ending)...I had forgotten her but took a class with 6 students...in walks my first love , she sits less than 4 feet away for 1 1/2 hours...I did not say anything to her...but during the hour ...I had a flood of memories come back and I literally, felt hatred and sick everytime she spoke in reply to other people or teacher.
    I could not understand how immensely she could negatively effect me after all these years...is it just anger ( I wanted her to love me)...or was there a seed of love in me for her than conflicts with the hatred? I felt she had no conscience or remoarse or never did apologize for the way her parents broke up the relationship with extreme contempt for me ( I was not good enough for her). By the way, she looked terrible about 80 lbs overweight with elephant hips and butt. (she had a cute figure 25 years ago). I felt sorry for her but my anger overwelmed me, internally). A week later , I found out her husband has cancer.

I still have love for my first real boyfriend, that would be my first real love, everything before him was only puppy love crushes.

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    I still have love for my first real boyfriend, that would be my first real love, everything before him was only puppy love crushes.
    How old were you when you had your first real bf?

I had my first real boyfriend in high school, but didn't fall in love until I was with my second boyfriend when I was 19.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

[MENTION=81960]hjb1994[/MENTION] - I was 17 and a half years old when I was with and in love with my first real boyfriend. I started dating at 14 years old.