+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Favourite Quotes

Post your Favourite Quotes

Here's some Alice In Wonderland ones:

“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

“If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.”

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

“That's the reason they're called lessons," the Gryphon remarked: "because they lessen from day to day.”

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
    Albert Einstein

Some ones on Love that I like ~

~ "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages." Friedrich Nietzsche

~ "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." Sophocles

~ "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." Oscar Wilde

~ "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

~ The longer the explanation, the bigger the lie. Chinese Proverb
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

“Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.”
    Gandhi

Good is a product of the ethical and spiritual artistry of individuals; it cannot be mass-produced.
    Aldous Huxley

Here's one I posted on here before.

In my opinion the best thing you can you do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person will still think the sun shines out of your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with.

A quote from the movie Juno.

Most of my favorite "love" quotes come from Nicholas Sparks. I have a few that aren't famous quotes, that just come from life...they take my [URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1-5]#1-5[/URL] spots, BUT I'll share the Nicholas Sparks ones

“If we’d never met, I think I would have known that my life wasn’t complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn’t know who I was looking for.”--The Longest Ride

“He was a wonderful man. And when a man is that special, you know it sooner than you think possible. You recognize it instinctively, and you’re certain that no matter what happens, there will never be another one like him.”--The Lucky One

"Love could be set in motion quickly, but true love needed time to grow into something strong and enduring. Love was, above all, about commitment and dedication and a belief that spending years with a certain person would create something greater than the sum of what the two could accomplish separately."--True Believer

"The greater the love, the greater the tragedy when it’s over. Those two elements always go together."--Nights in Rodanthe
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

“The best way out is always through.” Robert Frost

Those are some lovely ones, friendsfirst.

~ “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
    Mahatma Gandhi, All Men are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

"Dear Woman,
    Sometimes,
    You'll just be too much woman.
    Too smart,
    Too beautiful,
    Too strong.
    Too much of something
    That makes a man feel like less of a man,
    Which will make you feel like you need to be less of a woman.
    The biggest mistake you can make
    Is removing jewels from your crown
    To make it easier for a man to carry.
    When this happens, I need you to understand,
    You do not need a smaller crown--
    You need a man with bigger hands." - Michael E. Reid

"She slept with wolves without fear; for the wolves knew a lion slept among them." - R.M. Drake

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde

"When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn't get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don't get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying, 'You're too this, or I'm too this.' That judging mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are." - Ram Dass
    "Caring is not an advantage."

These are all Jimi Hendrix quotes.

I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.

Music is my religion.

Even Castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually.

The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

“I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”
    Charles Dickens

^ That's a nice for the season one, topaz.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

" The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals. "

" If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast