+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do guys change their mind after sex or am I overreacting?

Do guys change their mind after sex or am I overreacting?

My guy friend and I hooked up a few days ago. We admitted mutual attraction and wanting to have sex. We had an amazing time and talked afterwards. He texted next morning and said that sex was amazing and that he couldn't wait to meet up again. We didn't make any specific plans and I thought we would just play it by ear.
    Yesterday, however, I texted him to say Hi and sense that our conversation was friendly but neutral "I'm doing ok. Hope you have a good day", where the previous day he couldn't stop telling me how amazing sex was and that he couldn't wait to do it again.
    I'm trying to figure out what happened here. Is he regretting getting together? Does he need time to figure things out? Why is he acting so different all of a sudden?
    Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I leave him alone and wait for him to contact me or text him again and ask what's going on?

I think hes hoping that you don't want something more than sex. Do you?

I'm ok with just sex. I didn't tell him though. Should I ?

I'm going to throw out the idea that if you know someone well enough to have sex with them, then you know them well enough to have a discussion about sex and relationships.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I agree. We should've had the conversation prior to engaging into anything sexual. So how do I proceed now ? Do I approach the subject of sex and relationships or do I wait for him to say anything ?
    Could I also be that after revealing his feeling to me he feels he said too much? Do men get embarrassed once they reveal so much personal stuff?

Sometimes, it just happens because in the moment you had the feelings to get intimate. I mean it is a bit hard to completely base it on the text he sent you because it could be interpreted in different ways.

Don't think about what you don't know, it's easier to get an answer by asking. Like mentioned above, if you know each other well enough to do it, then you know each other well enough to talk.
    Love is difficult, but we can make it easier to tackle by supporting each other.

http://emotionaid.org

I guess I'm having a hard time because he swore that what he feels for me is true and he kept confirming that by texting right after we got together and the next day by texting. Then the vague text just threw me off.
    I want to believe that what he said is true and the next day was just his way of protecting his own feelings if that makes any sense. Could he be just thinking that now he's said too much about how he feels and now is trying to distance himself so that he doesn't look too needy himself?

It could possibly be, he might be unsure of how you feel as well.
    Love is difficult, but we can make it easier to tackle by supporting each other.

http://emotionaid.org

i think you need to just like give him space. what is the rush here? He may be thinking about what happened now, now that the hormones and adrenaline have worn off. but to answer your question, it is not uncommon for a man to behave differently after sex.

Quote Originally Posted by AshBern View Post
    i think you need to just like give him space. what is the rush here? He may be thinking about what happened now, now that the hormones and adrenaline have worn off. but to answer your question, it is not uncommon for a man to behave differently after sex.
    I agree with you. I think that I need to give him space to think things through. Do men ever regret sleeping with someone they've had a crush on for the longest time? ( his words) What happens once a guy sleeps with a girl he is crazy about? Is the fantasy over? Or does he want to do it again?

Did he tell you he has feelings for you? Do you have feelings for him?

Quote Originally Posted by lightstar View Post
    Did he tell you he has feelings for you? Do you have feelings for him?
    He told me he is unbelievably attracted to me and I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever known. He also said that just being near me makes him the happiest man in the world. I feel the same way about him

then why are you not a couple?

Quote Originally Posted by Partyof2 View Post
    "I'm doing ok. Hope you have a good day"
    This is the text he sent you? It's not that vague - it's nice, albeit simple. It's not all romance and magic, but it's not like he ghosted on you. Maybe he doesn't feel the need to discuss sex more than what you already had. Telling you he's doing ok and that he hopes you have a good day is a nice, simple, pleasant text. I think you are getting caught up in the feelings and emotions you're having for your friend, and you are feeling uncertain of how he feels about you. So you begin to place weight in situations where you shouldn't be, i.e. interpreting a nice, simple text as vague and negative. I think you should talk to your friend - in person, not through text - about how you feel, and whether or not you see relationship potential with each other down the line.

If all he wanted was sex, you will find out once you talk to him. Then you can make your decision on how to go forward. Let me warn you, though; becoming FWB with a friend can make it really, really difficult to go back to being just friends if a relationship doesn't work out. In fact, most of the time, you can't go back to just being friends. At least not in the same way as before.

Best of luck to you! I hope this works out in your favor.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

You are just being paranoid. I think he is okay and still looking forward for the next meeting. Give him a call, just ask how he doing. Because sometimes text messaging can cause misinterpretation because you are just basically reading the text.

http://tinyurl.com/relationships-tricks-technique
    http://tinyurl.com/dating-howitworks
    http://tinyurl.com/relationshipslike-rightnow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast