+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

It's getting bad there in Paris with the flooding. Hope you and your family are okay and your homes, topazlight and whomever on here is also from France and dealing with flooding.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

That's right they are having difficulties there -- Hope you are getting through it, topaz.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Thank you, megvoh and Jffs24. Yes, we had some problems here and on top of that I had some personal problems of my own. I wanted to try to get back on before the timer on the movie review would run out, I think I may have caught it right in time. My apologies again, to all, but I shall I try to add a brief review and hopefully get back to add another post in that thread before I believe megvoh makes up her suggestions and poll for the next round of movies.

[MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION] You can ask for suggestions at any point when you feel the review is dwindling for current movie, also .. can discuss with TheEvilJester as well, if you'd like since he created the last review thread. Has all the participants been reminded to give a review, or at least the ones who normally give reviews that is.

As well after this next round do you as members think we should hiatus the movie club until after summer or keep going through after the next round that meg will be running? I will go with the majority, keep going or start back in the Fall( September?)

Sorry you had troubles but pleased you've returned and hope life can get back to norms for all there.
    Welcome back.

I'll wait for pcmaster to add his review or make some comment, he is the only movie member who gives reviews that hasn't put one in yet.
    I have a few movies given by myself, Jester, Jffs, breathe and yourself so far, so will maybe put @'s for others on club list and maybe ask new people here posting if they'd like to suggest if we have open spots on the poll left, so I can make a complete poll.

Thank you, meg.

You can make up your thread for suggestions at any point you'd like since the review thread has now ran for a month, it will still be open for others to add reviews and further discuss well into your poll and final vote and new review thread. Which mostly likely would take another three weeks.

Did you see my question about taking a movie club break after the next review until summer ends? I was wanting some club members feedback on this to gauge what the majority would prefer.

Can I just use this thread you made, topaz - to ask for suggestions? Already have several but I can " @ " others from in the movie club main thread you created over making up a brand new suggestion thread.

After I get all the needed suggestions to make up a full poll I will make up the poll thread in Off Topics and when that ends I'll then make up the winners movie review thread in This Section for Movies.

I will go and get the movies already suggested and list them now and then @ others afterwards. Phew. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot - I am okay with whatever the majority votes on stopping club until summer ends or continue on. We could let the winner of the next movie decide?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.loveforum.net/romance-love-movies-music-and-books/97743-idea-future-movie-club-season.html

We are picking bad movies to review, from any genre or could be good/bad movies lol your choice. Gives us lots to pick from. This suggestion was TheEvilJester's ( thread is linked above for others to re read)

^ Suggestions are from within this thread.
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] - Son of the Mask or The Master of Disguise ( did you want me to add both or want one more than other?)
    Myself - 50 Shades of grey lolololol
    Jffs24 - White Chicks
    topazlight - Dracula 2000
    breathe123 - Snakes on a Plane

So that is either 5 or 6 movies so far. Have to see how many options are given on the polls.

- - - Updated - - -

Poll has the options for " 10 movies " so we need either 5 or 6 more.
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] [MENTION=81312]melancholia[/MENTION] [MENTION=78654]
    [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION][/MENTION] would you like to suggest a movie? read info above
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] - would you also like to suggest a movie? read info above
    [MENTION=83412]hazey daisy[/MENTION] - would you like to suggest a movie? read info above
    [MENTION=12883]bloodtippedrose[/MENTION] - would you like to suggest a movie? read info above

( I am not including kiara, lost or giga because none of them forum post and have not replied to TEJ asking for suggestions last review )
    if anyone knows them and wants to personally ask them feel free

- - - Updated - - -

Ones I "@" outside of pcmaster and melancholia who are part of club - you can just suggest a movie and vote in the polls if you like, you don't need to put in a review unless you want to or have watched whatever movie that wins the poll vote. Dollhouse has posted on two previously and said she votes in polls when she sees them and is online, and that helps out the movie club a lot TY dollhouse hope you keep doing so and hope the others I listed will help us out too.

More who are involved the better discussions we can have. Thank you

ok, megvoh. got a reply in mail about this, am happy to suggest and vote in whatever threads are made if time is available for me to go online and as long as i get a mail telling me it is up to vote. if i have not seen the movie chosen i probably won't go out of my way to watch it though, tbh but if i've seen it before i will add a few of my 2c about it.

i'll suggest for you since you mentioned me. good luck.

the village.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

That was sweet of you to say, megvoh. Thankyou... I have to leave for work soon... so not a lot of time to absorb everything but I will see the link you listed above and then try to come up with a movie that fits that description in 20 minutes or less of posting.

- - - Updated - - -

This is one I thought of... it's dumb and bad in a lot of ways but it is always funny and a classic... so, I think it fits haha! Since you said any genre.

Weekend At Bernies.

Ooo! Weekend At Bernies! Good suggestion. It definitely fits this theme, and I've never seen it myself. Anyways, I guess if we get enough other suggestions I will go with just "The Master of Disguise." Again, the reason being that one is a stand-alone movie whereas the other is a sequel to the Jim Carrey movie (The Mask) and I don't want to necessarily assume everybody has already seen the first. Though, it doesn't really follow a related storyline, to be honest.

If we don't feel like we have enough other suggestions, then go ahead and include both. Both of those fall under the category of terrible movies, not the other side of our terrible coin this time around. In other words, they aren't "So bad they are good in their own way," they are just BAD. LOL! Would be fun, though, to watch them knowing they are bad with the intention of ripping them apart with our reviews.

Thanks for the "@" mention megvoh, I feel loved.

I have seen some BAD movies in my time but "Toxic Avenger", "Going Overboard" (Adam Sandler's first movie) and the more recent movie "Unfriended" comes to mind first. If I had to pick one I would say Going Overboard. It was unbearable.

^ Omg The "Master of Disguise" was a letdown when I was little. Maybe it will be more funny to watch now that we're older?...

on thinking on it, i decided on another movie but you can check out both titles, [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION] and decide which you'd prefer to add to your movie vote.

tusk

it's a more recent movie, 2014 I thought it was awful and think i said so on here.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thank you, Exeter19, dollhouse and bloodtippedrose and TheEvilJester for promptly answering back to me. I respect that from you all. Thanks for the movies you gave too, I will put each onto the poll vote next week.
    I like we have such a variety of choices
    I haven't seen any of thew movies mentioned to will all be new to me, excited to see which one we will get to review.
    [MENTION=12883]bloodtippedrose[/MENTION] - we love you long time! x TY
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]- I'll look at both movies you mentioned and pick one of them, since you gave us another choice and pick the one I think goes best with the subject matter. TY

[MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] - can you give us your movie suggestion for this round so I can put up the poll either monday or tuesday next week.
    We are only missing yours to complete a 10 choice on the poll. If nothing from you by then you'll miss out on having any movie of yours put in the poll and that would suck.
    Last edited by megvoh; 03-07-16 at 09:35 AM.

Can we have multiple votes this time? I won't be on again until end of this weekend ~ hope poll goes at least a week or more. I'll vote when next online, megvoh.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Sure my movie suggestion is "Avatar"(2009) Action, Adventure, Fantasy.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast