+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    Thank you, meg.

You can make up your thread for suggestions at any point you'd like since the review thread has now ran for a month, it will still be open for others to add reviews and further discuss well into your poll and final vote and new review thread. Which mostly likely would take another three weeks.

Did you see my question about taking a movie club break after the next review until summer ends? I was wanting some club members feedback on this to gauge what the majority would prefer.
    I am available to still continue on the club through summer, topaz -- there isn't any time span where I'd be away for over 30 days in a row -- but I like what meg said about leaving the decision up to whomever wins the next poll and gets their movie chosen because it will be up to THAT person to create round 5.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Thanks, to all who suggested movies.

I will put up the poll thread today in Off Topics ( same place topaz placed hers when she created the movie club - because I feel it got more posters looking at it and helping out with voting) and I'll try to add each of the ones who are in the poll their screen names so you find the thread. Have zero online time today so sorry if I miss someone or something - I'll fix it tomorrow
    I will run it for just over two weeks so gives pcmaster more time to do his review for last movie before new movie is picked and others to finish discussing other movie, oK?

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

thought i would offer a suggestion for your movie vote ideas.

what about favorite directors. everyone lists theirs, the most said of those directors wins and everyone then suggests a movie from that one director. lots of directors to choose from.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I think that could actually be a pretty neat idea. It would also be interesting to figure out how exactly we handle that. Like, would we vote first on the director, then on several options of their movies to pick which movie we watch? Or maybe we just each pick a director we enjoy and our favorite movie by them and that becomes the vote?

I don't usually tend to think of movies in terms of who was the director, but there are some exceptions. Like, when I hear "Directed by Steven Spielberg" or "Directed by Wes Craven" I tend to think there is a good chance I'll like the movie. Could be fun to see who everybody comes up with, and what range of movies it brings up for our vote.

i'd enjoy movies from both directors you mentioned in your above post, jester. along with eastwood, scorsese, coen brothers, tarantino, and lee to mention a few.

that would work too. pick your director and your number favorite movie of that director. hope someone picks that idea up for a movie choice for i guess you guys call them seasons.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

That is a good suggestion... I would like to add in two other directors, Judd Apatow and Alfred Hitchcock...Since neither of you mentioned them yet... I can't think of any female ones I really like besides Kathryn Bigelow and Penny Marshall.

This idea sounds cool hope the next winner winner chicken dinner lmao does this suggestion -- I'll add Francis Ford Coppola, Richard Linklater and Ridley Scott.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I forgot: Ron Howard... I love his movies too.

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post

Did you see my question about taking a movie club break after the next review until summer ends? I was wanting some club members feedback on this to gauge what the majority would prefer.
    I say keep going unless more than 2 or 3 members are away and will miss the thirty day cut off over the summer months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    thought i would offer a suggestion for your movie vote ideas.

what about favorite directors. everyone lists theirs, the most said of those directors wins and everyone then suggests a movie from that one director. lots of directors to choose from.
    I looked at all the directors mentioned & most I like have been mentioned except one ~ Tim Burton
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I can't think of any movie directors outside of Peter Jackson for Lotr's movies that I liked that has not been mentioned yet.

Megvoh ~ if your poll gets a tie how do you solve it? another poll, another private or public vote, you choose? Ones not in tie chooses?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

We've had it end in a tie almost every single time. LOL! One time, luckily enough, a late voter was able to come in and break it for us. We'll figure out a way, even if we have to resort to witch-craft. ;-)

At least topaz can vote normally this time instead of being a tie breaker vote -- is she the only one not to vote out of the group yet? I see pc and bloodtippedrose have been online but topazlight hasn't been back online yet, she might not be checking to see that the poll has gone yup yet might think we are waiting out pc's review before next round started.

I checked poll when first on today & it looks like it might be just dollhouse's movie to finish in first ~ I never saw hers so be a new movie for me to watch so that is fun for me. Haven't seen a couple of others either.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Megvoh ~ if your poll gets a tie how do you solve it? another poll, another private or public vote, you choose? Ones not in tie chooses?

Looks as if we might get a straight away winner with dollhouse's movie this season.
    But if things change from now until the end of the poll and we have a few tied I think I will just ask for verbal in voting poll thread or something, I wouldn't create another poll or members who aren't in the tie movies can send me a PM with which movie they chose but I would probably want everyone to see so no one thinks I just chose it myself Lol? I hope there is no tie so we can just go right into watch/review mode. That ok?

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast