+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

There might be a good bootlegged link online of Ghostbusters by now though?

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] ...

So do I make up several threads, but wait until the current review thread of megvoh's time allotted for reviews runs out to make up whatever vote thread and review thread? I am confused when and what I am supposed to do, sorry.

Do I make up a thread asking what suggestions for the # 5 review should be? Or do I take suggestions from your thread that other members have given and then make a poll for those and the winner of that make I another vote, oh god, so much! Or posters just type in that thread which they prefer and I go with the majority? I'll wait until I get confirmation before doing anything and meg's Bernie's thread is still very active so I'll do this next week?

There really isn't any set rules. We're a pretty flexible group. You can ask for suggestions and create the poll based on the suggestions given. You can take movies from past suggestions if you want. Heck, if you don't even want to be bothered with all that, you could even just pick a movie and decide we are doing that if you wanted. So, there really is no set rule. We've done things by vote so far, but that doesn't have to mean every single time is exactly the same.

It can also be a specific theme (like we did this time around with bad movies) or it can just be a general round for any kind of movie. As you said, the Weekend at Bernie's thread is still pretty active for now, so I do agree that I don't think you should get anything started until at least next week. But, then you could go ahead and start up a thread to ask for suggestions for the next round or whatever you want.

No pressure, dollhouse. You'll do just fine.

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]

in case i am not online when you are asking for suggestions this was mine from within this thread. i think i exhausted all i have to say on weekend at bernie's so i'll wait for the other stuff to go up at some point to start to contribute again, if okay with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    thought i would offer a suggestion for your movie vote ideas.

what about favorite directors. everyone lists theirs, the most said of those directors wins and everyone then suggests a movie from that one director. lots of directors to choose from.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thank you, TheEvilJester and Exeter19... I'll wait until late into next week to create a suggestions thread for the next movie choice then. Not sure why this is making me anxious haha probably just don't want to upset anyone.

Oh, don't worry. There is no reason to be anxious. The death threats go away.... you know. Eventually. Well... I mean, I think they do. Mine are still coming in. ...Hmm.... Well, anyway, it also doesn't make ALL your hair fall out. Most of it... yeah, maybe, but not ALL of it. So, you've got that going for you. Plus, there's this persistent ache in my left elbow that won't seem to go away. Just the left elbow, though. I think I've heard talk of impotency as well, but I don't know.

Of course, I hope it goes without saying that I made all of that up. LOL! Seriously, you aren't going to upset anybody. If you DID, then I'd personally venture to guess the problem is THEM and not you. Why would anybody get upset over a movie club on a message board? LOL! We are all just doing this for fun.

Well put that way, I shouldn't worry LoL...I worry it will end in a tie and then I have to pick a movie out of two or three and the ones I don't pick will feel slighted..maybe? I would just pick the movie I'd prefer the most if it came down to that not whose movies they were.

Thank you, I laughed.

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION], you can make your thread now if you want for your movie themes.
    I think WAB's movie has winded down and I don't think pcmaster is going to review it and bloodtippedrose hasn't been back on the website to even know it's up for review. I did PM her though when it was up.

I'd like a horror theme since we haven't done that yet so that would be my suggestion.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Ooo! I would certainly second that suggestion. I like the idea of a horror theme. As long as the group in general is cool with that, I would definitely be jazzed for that. I'll have to see if I can think of some good horror to suggest. A bit hard for me because I LOVE horror movies, so I tend to enjoy them even when they aren't good. So, I'd have to try to think of ones that would be more likely for everybody to enjoy.

I'd be up for some horror content in the movie club! Otherwise I don't have any specific preference to what we do -- I'll go with the majority.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Okay, all... I will throw that up this morning then and it will be just for asking what " theme " everyone would like to do and when we pick the most popular theme ...do I just use that same thread to ask for movie choices for that theme so I can then make up a voting poll for us?

Thanks. Hope everybody has a terrific weekend.

You can do that if you want, for sure. I would just suggest tagging (or mention, or whatever it is called on this site) the members of the group once you do so they actually get a notice they've been tagged. That way they know when to come back to suggest actual movies for whatever theme we choose.

If it is easier, you could just open a new thread for the actual movie suggestions if you want. I just think it is good not to have too many separate threads for the same round. The review thread should stand on its own, but for the others I see no reason not to just combine them all to cut down on clutter, so to speak.

But, again, it really doesn't matter all that much either way. Do whatever you think works best.

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION].

Some posters/members no longer post here or are interested or only participated for pcmaster I think was ( Kiara and Paradise) so you don't need to wait on them. You have ten places on the poll vote for movies so you could ask the members who have not run a review yet, either Jffs24, breathe123 or Exeter19 if they'd like to suggest two movies to give them an extra shot at winning the poll and running a review and also fill your ten spots. You don't have to to though.

I suggested my movie in your theme thread if you wait to see about themes, please PM if it comes up something other than horror and I will suggest another movie for your poll.

Okay, I'll do that then... I think breathe123 suggested two movies already because she wasn't sure which theme in horror would be used...so I will ask if Jffs24 and Exeter19 would like to suggest extra movies... if they do not want to then it is okay with me. Thank you.

Aw, thanks, [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] ((hugs)) ~ I suggested two in-case so dollhouse can just use both I already suggested then one is an old b&w and the other is a recent horror film.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

thanks, topazlight. i am okay with only suggesting one movie for myself.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast