+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]... what do you do when a regular movie club poster isn't replying with their movie and all others have? do I wait or just put up the poll with every else's so the majority aren't waiting on one person? Halps, is bothering me that it is being held up not on my own account.

I'm not topaz, but I can offer my thoughts....

I would say you give them a little bit of a heads up (which I think, at this point, you already have), but then we just proceed without their suggestion. I think, rather than hold the whole group up waiting for one person, it would be best for us just to move forward. I do agree with you that it is nice to let everybody get their chance to make a suggest, to vote, to review, etc, but we don't want to hold everybody else up if somebody is maybe unable to sign in for a while. Who knows what they may have going on and when they may be able to pop back in?

Just my thoughts, though. I'm cool with whatever you think is best.

Thank you, Jester..I sent him a @ along with topaz, Jffs and meg and others who were gone so they'd know to suggest their movie only he didn't answer... so then over a week ago I sent him a PM about it with others movie choices so far...so I did notify him twice about giving his movie for the poll. Meg suggested I PM someone off his FB here to notify him further. That poll would have been up last week if I wasn't waiting for pcmaster to let him give a movie to go on the poll. he gave his theme so to me that says he was willing to give a movie too, right? Has this happened before, and what was done? I feel bad making others who gave movies last week wait. End of my grumbling, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay... just sent hazey daisy a PM about it.

I agree with TheEvilJester ~ make the poll up when it is next convenient for you to do so.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I mean, honestly, at this point you've tagged him with the @ symbol and you've even PM'ed him. If he was going to sign in to offer his suggestion, he would have. I don't think there is any reason to PM somebody who knows them to ask them to ask him. It sounds like you already did, but honestly, I don't think you should have bothered. Maybe pcmaster has just been busy and not able to log on here. I'd love for everybody to be able to participate, but I don't think we should wait around, holding things up for long for just one or two people.

I mean, if I was suddenly unable to come here for a while, I'd feel the same way. I wouldn't want you guys held up waiting for me to chime in just so you could continue.

i'll third that thought of you making the poll up when you want. he can always give a review and vote in the poll, not likely but he can still participate in any way since he belongs to the group.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I sent hazey a PM asking if she wanted to join the movie group for round I did up and she probably opened my PM but didn't reply but for some reason went to look at my profile, lol? Dollhouse, pcmaster hasn't given any reviews for our last three movies so don't need to wait on him because I am sure he is online and probably looked in here just hasn't logged in is all.
    You can wait for topaz to log back in but that might not be until end of this week, idk. When do you want your poll going up?

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

No, she didn't reply but might have alerted pcmaster, idk for sure but he came on over the weekend and said he liked breathe's choice of The Birds and would go with that movie for himself too.

Thanks everyone for listening to me and helping me out...good group of guys and gals here.

- - - Updated - - -

Gawd damn I am having trouble making the initial thread with the poll attached made a double thread and neither had the poll I added on it. Trying for a third time.

If you do not want to pick between two movies in a tie or run another vote or poll you can make two threads for both movies and who ever wants to put reviews in on one of the two or both of the two may. I am happy to go with whatever the runner of the review decides in every case.

I said this in the other thread as well, but I personally think we should just pick one winner rather than focus on two. I mean, I don't mind whatever we decide to do, so I am fine with it if the group decides we should just focus on two movies if two win. However, just in my personal opinion, it works a lot better when we just focus on one movie each round so we are all watching and discussing the same thing at the same time.

I see how that would get overly complicated but I prefer reducing stress on anyone who doesn't or might not like to disappoint others in certain situations because I know the dread involved when it ends up tied. I wouldn't mind suggestions for how else we could do the vote or picking of the movies to review because tbh I dislike the continuous ties as well but don't like to be a breaker unless asked by whomever is running it various rounds. I like to stand back mostly. Happy for any and all input.

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION] you might need to PM Jffs24 so he knows to re vote again on this round since he hasn't been online lately appears.

LOL! Why does everybody else stress so much over the voting in this thing? When it comes right down to it, we are doing this for fun. I don't think anybody would be offended if their movie didn't win, nor do I think anybody would be offended if their movie was tied as the winner with another or other movies.... and we ultimately didn't pick theirs. This is all just for fun.

I definitely think it stinks how we ALWAYS seem to end in a tie no matter what we try to do, but I don't really think it is a big deal to break the tie in whatever way we decide. Me personally, if/when I am running things, I like to give everybody a chance to share their thoughts rather than to just make a decision myself.... but it really doesn't matter how we break the tie. There shouldn't need to be any stress involved.

I didn't but I did stress over people not putting in a movie if if they did not being online to cast a vote for their movie. It's that make it all fair for each thing, I suspect. My movie has never won, and I don't care.

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] and [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] are you dual running next or just breathe123? can think of theme now before other movie thread ends its discussion if you'd like. No idea what has been discussed since not being online here.

I let Breathe to do it, cause I did it once already and one person have to do it.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Oh. okay, pcmaster.

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]. Whenever you are able to access this website you can ask for suggestions for the next movie if you'd like to do that.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast