+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

Thanks, topazlight! I'm excited for this!

I'd like to suggest "The Way, Way Back" (it's not in theaters, I believe it's available on Netflix).
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I cannot edit my posts this forum is terrible in being user friendly

But members so far are from:
    France
    England
    United States( 2 )
    Latvia
    Australia
    Canada

I haven't seen any of the mentioned movies so far either. Topazlight, melancholia said her movie above ^^^ so waiting for basil and friendsfirst ( < I don't think she's been back online here yet though)
    Yeah how do we vote for which movie? Maybe put in off topics and have all forum vote? or just the movie group?

Someone could send Jffs24 a PM and invite him, he still occasionally posts on the forum and watches movies because he posts in movie threads here.
    I'd watch the all female Ghostbusters when it comes out too. Bet it's funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we do watch a bad movie go once? where we review a panned movie for laughs?

Happy you joined, melancholia. I'll re update the movie list adding your title.

Movies so far :

V for Vendetta
    The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
    Wanted
    Martian Child
    The Way, Way Back

Just waiting for friendsfirst and basilandthyme's choices before we decide on which and set the time frame for watching and reviewing. Once we pick our movie choice I will make up the thread for it, so after that anyone can add their review and start discussing it, is that okay?

Megvoh, I can look for Jffs24's profile and send them a private message asking if they'd like to be involved. I am accepting to do a bad movie review, do you mean a serious drama, or comedy, horror? any specific genre?

We can all give input on the best way to vote, I am open to all suggestions, the easier the better. Thank you.

Sorry I was not able to get online yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Message has been sent to the poster, Jffs24.

All members can invite others to the movie club or anyone reading this thread and is interested can join too.

Hello! folks. Got a private message from topazlight about this thread in my emails so decided to pop on the forums to see what was shakin' lmao.

I don't know how much good I'd be in the club since I rarely log in -- but if that doesn't concern you and someone PM's me a heads up it's all cool by me. I'll have a read of this thread and see what I am suppose to contribute and do so while I have the time on online -- Thanks for the invite.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay -- so I have to suggest a movie and then wait for the vote on which of the suggestions gets picked, right?

Mark another down for from the USA -- in your countries participating.

Only movie that comes to my mind that I never saw and meant to see was 127 hours with James Franco ( 2010 ) a true story film -- is that one ok by you folks?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Thank you, Jffs24 for answering my PM and giving your movie choice. I will have to contact the two females who have yet to give theirs so I can make the poll up tomorrow I am hoping and let that run a for how long? any suggestions?

I'll update movie club members list/countries and movie choices for the first poll vote now.

Topazlight - France - V for Vendetta
    megvoh - England - Wanted
    friendsfirst - United States - ?
    pcmaster - Latvia - The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
    melancholia - Canada - The Way Way Back
    basilandthyme - Australia - ?
    TheEvilJester - United States - Martian Child
    Jffs24 - United States - 127 Hours

- - - Updated - - -

I sent friendsfirst and basilandthyme a private message. When I get their choices I will make the poll is that good?

Any input is helpful and welcomed. I have to log out for the night now, but will log in tomorrow, I won't be able to Thursday.

I read your stressing comment in OT -- why don't you get members to tag team each other one to each member to nudge and so on. Once you get the first one done then second and so on will be a breeze!

Not many read in Movies so my suggestion would be make your poll in OT and if possible make it two choices each -- that way people can vote their own and another and if in OT other members might help and vote and you'll get a clear winner then. You'll have to investigate the polls or ask someone here whose used them to help.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Nicholas Spark's movies!!! Current suggestion....."The Longest Ride"
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

Yay, friendsfirst. I never saw that movie either so all movies are new to me at least.
    Can you make the poll now, topazlight? basilandthyme has been on a few days and hasn't given her movie so maybe she is going with pcmasters choice? Ghost and mrs muir?

I never made a poll on here before so can't help on that, sorry.

As a HUGE Ghostbusters fan (I probably love those movies more than one human being should, LOL) I LOVE the idea of an all female team of Ghostbusters........

What I hate is the cast chosen. Kristen Wiig I find very hit or miss. Sometimes I really like her, sometimes I just find her very irritating. Two of the others I've personally never even heard of, so I can't really comment. Melissa McCarthy I ABSOLUTELY cannot stand. (And, believe me, it has NOTHING to do with her appearance because I don't care about that.) I find her brand of "humor" completely unfunny and downright irritating. Don't get me wrong, I get that a lot of people like her..... but her brand of humor just is not appropriate for Ghostbusters.

So, I'm not very excited about this supposed upcoming Ghostbusters movie. As a life-long Ghostbusters fan, my fellow fans and I have dealt with all these false rumors and lost hope for years, hearing all these stories of awesome cast members that could have been. We FINALLY get a new Ghostbusters movie (apparently, anyway, as I will still believe it when I see it) and THIS had to be the one we get?

Anyways, sorry. Bit of a sore subject. LOL! God, I would have LOVED to see an all female cast that included Emma Stone or Jennifer Lawrence or somebody like that. IF the movie does come out, and the reports are that it is actually pretty good, I will still give it a fair chance, though.

But.... sorry. Got way off on a tangent there. LOL! I think maybe a voting poll would be a good way to decide on what movie to feature each time. We can try it, at least. If we find the vote gets too divided because people are all voting on different movies, we can come up with some other way.

I'll try to see if I can make a poll in the suggested area of Off Topics before I log out today. If that doesn't give us a definite winner we can decide in here in top 2 picks if tied, alright?

Thank you, friendsfirst for your movie choice I'll add it in.

I would also go and see the new female Ghostbusters to review also. Not sure when it is released. I only know of Melissa McCarthy and Kirsten Wiig because of their Bridesmaid movie they did together. You don't like the re boot of it, TheEvilJester you mean the concept you don't like or the directors choices for actresses also? I bet it will make a lot of money whether it is funny or bad unfortunately. Emma Stone would have been a good choice, I agree. Maybe also Tina Fey.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated choices:
    (side note I sent basilandthyme the same PM I sent friendsfirst, she ignored it and ignored the thread to say participating or not, just to inform, if anyone knows her maybe send a message but we'll start the vote today before posters go on vacation breaks)

Topazlight - France - V for Vendetta
    megvoh - England - Wanted
    friendsfirst - United States - The Longest Ride
    pcmaster - Latvia - The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
    melancholia - Canada - The Way Way Back
    basilandthyme - Australia - ?
    TheEvilJester - United States - Martian Child
    Jffs24 - United States - 127 Hours

I see your poll is up -- I'll vote before gone for my weekend.

Once the movie is chosen how many days do we have before the reviews go in? This month might be tough goin' for some folks, hun.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] -- I don't like Melissa McCarthy either, she is like a one trick pony with her humor, you seen it once you're good, lmao. I'd rather Amy Schumer in it.

Thanks for putting the poll up. I'll go vote on it now but what do we do if it's a 4 way tie?

Just checking in on the vote and the accounts of members and I do not believe friendsfirst or TheEvilJester has logged in since I put up the vote poll yet, but pcmaster's account says he logged in today so assuming he must have voted, but he hasn't posted anything so cannot be sure, same for melancholia.

Looks like it could be ties with a few. Will have to verbal ( e verbal) vote then. Suggestion welcomed please.

Vote will run for a week after time it was posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Because of Christmas and NYE obviously no reviews need to be in and posted until after all holiday breaks.

It looks like it will be a several way tie, topaz. Maybe 3 or 4.
    When we vote do the tie leaders vote too, or just all of us who got outvoted, how do we post vote to decide the winner? If more people on here were social and helped there wouldn't be a tie, but on any other forum that vote poll would get 20 plus posters voting and you'd get a clear winner.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast