+ Follow This Topic
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

@TheEvilJester ( can we @ any longer, idk )

I didn't dislike the movie, it just isn't the type of movie I enjoy sitting through, but hanks and Sinese acting was good and special effects were good, the love story, could have done without.

So is the movie club done forever or just for now, this year?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jffs24 For This Useful Post:

Looks like we can't @ anymore. I definitely appreciate the efforts that do seem to have been made to lessen the spam issues and stuff, but not when they keep taking away useful features.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

I noticed last visit and this visit so much was changed, aka removed and yet the thing people have been asking for the most, one mod and the 30-day lock removed still is left unanswered. I sent the admin that PM they asked to be forwarded from my last visit and with it asked for them to add a mod or 2 and to add a robot image check spammer deterrent over the 18 letter password but to me it looks like that long password stopped new people joining altogether, or am I wrong on that?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jffs24 For This Useful Post:

It's very strange how all the new posters and some regulars all went off same time, I don't mean you, and a few others because you come on occasionally each month but some came on daily all month and then disappeared same time as all new accounts made and then no new accounts made.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    I noticed last visit and this visit so much was changed, aka removed and yet the thing people have been asking for the most, one mod and the 30-day lock removed still is left unanswered. I sent the admin that PM they asked to be forwarded from my last visit and with it asked for them to add a mod or 2 and to add a robot image check spammer deterrent over the 18 letter password but to me it looks like that long password stopped new people joining altogether, or am I wrong on that?
    Fairly certain you are NOT wrong on that. I think it would be a LARGE part of why this site has started to die recently. I mean, if you were thinking of joining a forum and saw that your password had to be 18 freaking characters, would you still join? I know I would almost certainly not. I'd never remember that password. It isn't like this is a fan site for a movie or something. This site specifically relies HEAVILY on new and part-time members joining to ask for advice. If new people don't want to join there will slowly be less and less to discuss on the site.

Bumping this because the admin told me to keep it active to post in it time to time.

I will bump for you again, topaz so it stays open through the holidays. Merry Christmas.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Just watched, "A Quiet Place". Entertaining, don't feel like your have to go out of your way to see it however.

Also saw the new movie from the guy that produced Lord if the Rings. Can't think of the name.. had mechanical castles as vehicles. Ehhh.. Yeah. Little disappointed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    Just watched, "A Quiet Place". Entertaining, don't feel like your have to go out of your way to see it however.
    I've heard nothing but good things about that one. I keep meaning to check it out.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

On A Quiet Place I think they must be planning a sequel to it and I yelled so much at that girl giving the little kid that toy, all kids want to do is play with things, and she knew he would get the batteries etc so make it work again. So annoyed but guess in movies like that you need to weed out characters but still rather the girl got it not the littlest kid. A Quiet Place was a much better movie than BirdBox, IMO.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topazlight For This Useful Post:

I actually just finally watched A Quiet Place over the holiday weekend. I LOVED it! Definitely one I want to eventually add to my collection. Not necessarily like one of my favorite movies ever. I'll probably just wind up putting it on my Christmas list for next Christmas. But I really enjoyed it.

I agree with you, Topaz, about the little girl giving her brother the toy after the parents said no. It isn't like the parents were just being strict/cruel. Cripes, the SLIGHTEST noise attracts those things. I could not understand how in the heck you could live in the world they do and not realize that would have been a bad idea. I realize they were just kids, but still, even kids usually have a pretty basic survival instinct. I mean, kids can do stupid things, but don't they usually know better than to put themselves into that kind of obvious danger? At least generally.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

Speaking of thrillers/survival films, has anyone here seen "Backcountry"?

It was on Netflix in the United States. Movie was pretty intense, very realistic. One certain part is pretty hard to watch just because you feel such a bond with the characters and it just feels so real. It's definitely made me rethink my camping setup. Lol

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

Never saw Backcountry, is it a new or older one, GLYC. I will check it out and let you know if I liked it.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425