+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jffs24 View Post
    I don't like Melissa McCarthy either, she is like a one trick pony with her humor, you seen it once you're good, lmao. I'd rather Amy Schumer in it.
    See, that I would have loved. Tina Fey was a good suggestion too. Hell, replace Melissa McCarthy with Amy Schumer and I'd have been pooing my nerd pants (LOL!) with excitement for this movie. I could live with hoping I get the less irritating Kristen Wiig (like I said, sometimes I find her funny, other times I find her irritating) and with not knowing who the other two are to be able to have a frame of reference.

Like you said, you've seen Melissa McCarthy once and you've basically seen ALL of her roles. I've seen her once.... and I couldn't stand it then. Not my cup of tea. Being objective, too, it also just does not feel the appropriate brand of humor for Ghostbusters. Whatever, though. Even if I never bother to see the movie, I'm much happier that the franchise I love is at least getting a new movie at all. Nice to see it still alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Like you said, you've seen Melissa McCarthy once and you've basically seen ALL of her roles.
    Agree for the most part with one exception: she is wonderful in a weird little Ryan Reynolds movie called The Nines. Love it and it made me love her.

That movie might be a little out there for this thread, though.

The movie I suggest is Mumford. It's kind of old, but really great.

I also love Ghostbusters!
    Spammer Spanker

The Nines is great, but definitely unusual haha.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] -- I lol'd on "pooing my nerd pants" Lmao. She can at least bring the funny in an adult clever way, where McCarthy relies on sight gags or prat falls.

I should look up who they actually have in that new Ghostbusters cast, curious to see the names involved -- also makes me want to go and re watch the original after thinking about it.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Not sure if it is true, but I remember hearing Thor himself is going to be their receptionist. He won't be playing Thor, of course. :-P

[MENTION=7184]Gigabitch[/MENTION] - Hello and welcome to the Movie Club. I will include your name id you want to join to our group in here and your country as well. There are three other members from the United States too.

I see you said the movie : Mumford as your suggestion for the next vote to review? Noted.

You are welcome to review Melancholia's movie The Way, Way, Back too once I put the thread up. Everyone has 30 days to review this movie.

I will state some other things for melancholia once I put up the review thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay to for melancholia as the winner of the first movie vote you inherit some power as well.

When the review of your movie is completed by all members, it will be up to you which movie and how it gets picked is decided.

So you can pick a movie out of the last list if you'd like, or you can have all of us once again suggest a new movie ( but you won't suggest one yourself) so another member can have their movie pick and this is how we will do this down the line of chosen movies, okay?

You can ask for members to pick a certain genre if you want, or from a particular decade too.

Then you also get to decide how it gets chosen.

Can be either, by you alone if you choose, by OT poll vote like I did for your movie, or by verbal( ish) votes in the discussion thread. Totally up to you.

Any questions please ask me. I'll be on again at some point this weekend to reply

I look forward to watching and reviewing your movie.

Congratulations again!

This sounds so fun! I am so glad people chose The Way, Way Back. I don't think anyone will be disappointed (here's hoping!).

Question: Does the 30 day countdown start today?

Hello, melancholia. Sorry, I went to wash cigarette smoke out of my hair and get ready for bed but when I got back forum logged me out.

Yes, as soon as the review thread goes up is when the 30 days begins.

You do not have to set your timer for 30 days though, I only gave your movie a longer review time because of the Christmas holiday, you can give the next 2 weeks if you'd like.

Goodnight.

Gotcha! I am watching it NOW! I can't wait to hear everyone's reviews.

I'll try to locate a way to watch and then once I do submit my review definitely before the new year.
    I read up about your movie, melancholia and it looks good.

Congrats again.

If we had mods they could sticky this thread and each movie review thread and un-stick old review threads and stick the current again.
    Be helpful with that 30 day dumb lock on here.

It used to be on Netflix, but they took it off

I watched it last night by renting it on YouTube. It cost $4 and you have it on your account for 2 full days from when you start your download. Just FYI. I am sure you can stream it as well.

Has anyone else had a chance to watch the movie yet?

My friend found me a link to watch it for free online.
    So I am going to watch it the day after Christmas in my hangover state and put my review in that Sunday * hoping face*

If anyone wants the video link PM me, I won't post it on open forum tho. Excited to watch and review.

Have you written your review yet, melancholia? I think pcmaster has been watching it.

It's easy to find online, it's not that new of a film.

I haven't posted my review yet. I want people to watch it first! I love this movie so much.

I watched it and am going to be evil and spoil it for everybody.....

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!!!!!

Mwuuuuhahahahahahahahah....Wait.... I think I watched the wrong movie. I'll have to go back and watch the right one.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast