+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] ~ No, I can't & it only shows me the number totals and says you've already voted in this poll ~ It might only show to pcmaster because he created the poll.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] and breathe123, that is the same for me.

I think as poll voters once you vote you can no longer use the button that says View Poll Results ( and that is what will show you the public names of who has voted for what ) so only someone who has not voted in the poll yet and possibly the poll creator can see those members names. If you'd like to see who voted for your movie just ask a member who hasn't voted yet to look at the results of the poll and copy paste the names under your movie for you.

Thanks, topaz -- for some reason I thought the poll ended today, damn it doesn't.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

i offered four of you my vote, and incase you can't read it as stated above in a few posts. over the top, martian child, the lovely bones and the fellowship of the ring got my votes.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Yay, you voted for mine too TY, Exeter.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I checked to see if poll has ended yet, GD it is dragging on. lmao -- See there is a 3 way tie so hopefully no more polls to decide this.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I just now checked pcmasters poll thread and the poll is now currently closed and the poll has as stated by Jffs24 above a three way tie.

The three movies tied are, pcmaster's, TheEvilJester's and megvoh's. I would think the easiest option for deciding this is that [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] now picks one of the other three movies as the winner and creates the review thread of the movie he chose from the tie for all of us to review. Congratulations to whomevers movie is chosen.

I think there is no rush and we can watch all 3 movies. Like 2 weeks for each movie? Because all 3 won. Then after that EvilJester could run Movie club season 3 and after him the next winner Megvoh. I pass on running another Movie club cause I did it once already and want to give other members a chance.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

WHAT ~ just pick one of the movies [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] like topazlight said in her post above you. : - \

~ or you, [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION], & [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION] all verbally vote for one movie each out of your tied three & you cannot vote for your own and that way one of the three movies will come out a clear winner. I haven't seen megvoh online so you'd have to private message, email her.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Yeah, I kind of agree with the thought of let's just pick one of the movies for this time. We can always put the other two winners back in the running for the next vote. At least for now, let's just figure on focusing on one movie. We can figure out how we'd want to move forward after that. Considering all three tied, I supposed we COULD just do each winner one at a time (but give ourselves enough time to focus on each), or we could always just start over with the voting the next time and put the winners back in.

For the record, if we go with breathe's idea (having the three peeps who suggested the winning movies vote, and the rule being you can't vote for your own) I would go with "Her."

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] for your round, you can just pick a movie of your choice if you wanted, like perhaps Ghostbusters and we can all watch and review that without even doing a poll and you can pass the next round over to whomever you'd like to run it next since there would be no poll winner. Also, there is a collection of classic comedies already suggested and you could take the almost full list of those, only a few members haven't suggested yet in that and use that to make a next round movie poll. You also don't need to make an actual poll you can have members vote for a movie verbally, one probably that isn't their own all whichever way you want, no set way applies. What ever is most convenient for you. Have fun, look forward to watching and reviewing your movie.

Congrats, TEJ. I'll watch your movie next week -- have to go to a friends wedding that is in another state this weekend so can't do anything with watching until next week. Where's megvoh at?

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] I haven't seen megvoh online since she posted about worrying a friend of hers would take her own life. She posted this in the OT section. I hope nothing bad happened.

II mean, I don't want to go against what we've been doing, so I was just figuring on opening a new poll when we get around to being ready for a new movie. I will say this, to hopefully help at least lessen the possibility of several movies winding up in a tie, I may change the rules for the next poll to be that you can only vote for one. I think part of why we had a three way tie this time (and I think it may have even been a four way tie at one point before the whole thing ended) is because you could vote for more than one. A lot of us are interested in many of the movies, so it wound up spreading the vote around.

So, for the next round I am pondering making it one vote per customer.

Or give us a no vote that is even quicker ;-] & just tell us a movie to watch. I wouldn't mind that at all but am okay with the 1 vote system too, in that we can or can't vote for our own?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast