+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

I can certainly go either way, and we can discuss with the whole group. I just personally like the idea of letting people vote. I don't necessarily just want to tell folks "Okay, we are doing this movie." I'd rather we get to choose as a team.

Again, though, I'm cool with whatever we decide as a group. If we'd rather I just pick the next movie once we finish reviewing Martian Child, I can do that.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] - You can set your poll to single vote or like I did and then pcmaster did multi vote. I set mine to multiple/private, he set his to multi/public, you can have lots of options. I usually like giving each movie a vote. Also you can set your time for your poll to run any amount of time, mine was under two weeks, I think and pcmaster's went about 30 days. In pcmaster's review thread you asked which thread do you post your reviews, that thread you asked question in is the review thread for your movie. When you run the next review poll and all else you will make up the thread for whatever movie chosen too. I can post my review either this Wednesday or Thursday. I have watched the movie already now.

Congratulations! TheEvilJester.

Thanks, Topaz. It was that BTW. I'm angry, very angry regarding that situation , not at her that makes me sad, she's alive though but I am furious and want vengeful help to set her free for a ****ing miserable asshole who she can't let go.
    Time has said ENOUGH! Hope I can find that godsend help, maybe on here, you never know, I'll ask around after Easter.
    Sorry for the rant, but you guys are nicest bunch on here so will understand. xxx

I think I must have missed what you are talking about, because I am not sure what is going on. Very sorry to hear you are so upset, though.

I wasn't online because one of my GFs tried to kill herself, something a group of us saw coming and it was because of a d-bag guy she's loved for years in another country.
    Thank you, for your kind words, TheEvilJester. It all makes me upset, which isn't healthy for me either.

I can watch the movie, mid week and will put in my review this weekend, promise

Noticed only topaz and theeviljester posted theirs so far, has no one else watched the movie yet, where's pc at and jffs?

I'm so sorry to hear that, megvoh. What kind of jerk could do that to somebody? What must this loser have done to her to drive her to that point? I hope your friend can get the help she needs. I don't know her personally, but nobody deserves to have to live like that. She doesn't deserve to allow somebody to effect her so deeply.

Stuff like this really gets my blood boiling because I can relate to that feeling, and I can relate to other people only making it worse. All the best to your friend. I hope she fights her way back out of this funk and remembers that she is worth fighting for.

Finally had someone get me a version of the movie to watch ~ hoorah & so I can watch it tonight with review to soon follow. When is two weeks up [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION]?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] 2 weeks will be tomorrow. But it doesnt matter that much. WHat matters is when Jester will start Movie club season3 - it depends on him when and also when Martian child topic will be locked automaticaly. So theres still a time I would say, Sure as sooner you watch it as better.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

OK ~ I watched it this morning, had day off but I won't be doing a big detailed review, sorry. I got intimidated by how long jesters & topaz's reviews were. I'm not skilled for big reviews, that's ok? Submits a shorty.

Thanks, pcmaster.

I can add a few thoughts today & then add more when have free weekend time.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

LOL! You can participate in any way you would like to do so. It doesn't matter how long or short. Heck, if you wanted, you could even go the route of "The Critic" from the cartoon from years ago...

"IT STINKS!" LOL! I loved that cartoon.

Don't allow our lengthy reviews to intimidate you. Hell, especially not mine. I mean, have you not seen me around the boards. I have a hard time getting myself to shut the heck up once I get going. ;-)

Also, to clarify, I think I will wait a little longer on getting Round 3 going. Not many of us have piped in on the review for the current round yet, so I will give people a little more time. I won't drag it on too long before we can move to the next movie, but I at least want to give peeps the benefit of the doubt and give them time to watch and discuss.

I've been really depressed lately over my friend and the timing of the review and the movie subject, OMG, I can't say much, I am sorry.
    I did watch the movie and tried several times to write a review like last movie we did, but my head space is not good right now, so I will give a small review and maybe I can chat with you all on it later next week. Cheers.

Are we no longer discussing Martian Child? There as been almost no discussion on it yet, what gives, peeps? Where are you all at, saw meg was on, but where is pc, TEJ, topaz and breathe?
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Dude, what you do mean where am I? I've been discussing the bejeebers out of it already. As have a few others. But, since participation has been a little low so far this time around, I'm figuring we should give a little more time.

If it doesn't pick up soon, though, I think it is just time to move to the next movie. Don't want to delay too long.

I think it was the 30 days given on the vote that slowed the momentum down for when the actual review process came round, but I could be wrong.

Topaz and TEJ have been discussing it in detail though.
    I'll try to pick it up next week, forum is buggery slow for me right now. Cheers.

Yeah, I kinda thought that myself. I think that may have been too long to allow for a vote. By the time the voting was over, I'm sure a lot of folks had forgotten all about it. Maybe two weeks would be a better timeframe. We won't get as many votes in that amount of time, but at least it will move along faster so we can keep people's attention.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast