+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

Would anyone on here be interested in doing this?

We could suggest an old movie or a new in cinemas movie, up to the suggester and then each member can watch that suggested movie and come back into the thread for each movie and give our thoughts, rating and review.

Can place your name in here if interested and then when we have at least 5 people or more we can suggest and pick our first movie.

- - - Updated - - -

This is basically a Movie Club - same as a book club only you watch and then discuss.

Count me in.
    I watch alot of movies.

Sure. I'll do my best.
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

That's 3 ladies so far, topazlight.
    So two or more left before we begin? I can ask pcmaster on my friends list if he wants to join - I'll send him this thread link too.

For in the cinema movies will you account for release dates because we are all from different countries?

Okay me too. I suggest movie Ghost and Mrs Muir. Its super old movie but good too.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Okay me too. I suggest movie Ghost and Mrs Muir. Its super old movie but good too.
    OMG, I love that movie. Couldn't inspire my teen to watch it, but I think it's great

- - - Updated - - -

New release could be tricky for me. There's frequently a delay between release in the US and Australia
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thank you everyone who wants to join

Basilandthyme - the countries involved are France, England, United States, Latvia( where pcmaster's locations says) and Australia. So worldwide which is good and I will take into account what yourself and megvoh said about new movie release dates and if others who have it released first want to watch when it comes out they can, write their review and sit on it( if that saying is correct) for awhile or post it and others who haven't watched yet, avoid thread until they watch. Or members can only watch old movies suggested and review those if they like. I am flexible and all suggestions are much welcomed.

TheEvilJester accepted and is joining us too, himself and friendsfirst are both from The Unites States.

So members so far:
    Myself
    Megvoh
    Friendsfirst
    TheEvilJester
    pcmaster
    basilandthyme

Anyone can join and suggest a movie and review with us.

So now we can suggest either newly released movies or an older movie for the group to watch.

First suggestion is from pcmaster: Ghost and Mrs Muir ( older movie )

I'll suggest an older one too.

V for Vendatta (2006) ( I've never seen it but am interested)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like that I can't go back and update my posts days later ( edit, I mean) and I don't think this website has active moderation to help. So please read through the thread for updated info, thank you.

If Megvoh, friendsfirst, TheEvilJester and basilandthyme would like to suggest a movie and when all suggestions are in we can take a vote and the one with the most yes's wins and we will watch and review, is that fair? any suggestions are welcomed.

Yes I suggest that one, was too lazy to mention year but its The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947) | 104 min | Drama, Fantasy, Mystery | May 1947 (USA)
    In 1900, a young widow finds her seaside cottage is haunted...and forms a unique relationship with the ghost.

BTW we could also add the way we watched the movie if it have already been watched. I from example download all my movies from torrent. Its illeagal but free and takes less than hour. Some but very few movies are on youtube - full versions. Also there are movie free sites.

Interesting if someone is paying for them. Ok granted some are going to cinema but besides that there are plenty other ways to watch movies.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I've only got a few minutes online today so I'll give my movie suggestion right now lol

Wanted (2008 ) Starring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman
    It's listed as an Action/Crime/Fantasy movie.

I love his movies and never saw this one before.

I like pcmaster's idea of saying how we watched our movies. Good idea. I will mostly rent, watch on some Pay to view tv site or watch online for older movies.

Groovy! I like this idea! Are we going to do it kind of like a book club where we will decide as a group on a particular movie and focus on one at a time? Maybe give us all a certain amount of time (like a week or two) to find time to find the movie and watch it, then we report back here to discuss throughout the next week and decide on a new movie?

Anyways, I have some movie suggestions of my own:

Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters 2
    Ghostbusters
    Martian Child (a strange, but surprisingly heart-warming John Cusack movie that I don't think gets the reception it deserves)
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters 2

LOL! So, is it obvious yet that I LOVE the Ghostbusters? But, being as Ghostbusters is the most awesome movie ever in the creation of mankind, I'm sure most of us have already seen it. After all, it is just mandatory viewing for this human experience we call life. So, perhaps we go with "Martian Child" as my actual suggestion, because I happen to think it was actually a good movie. Not amazing or ground-breaking or anything, but a good movie nonetheless in this evil jester's personal opinion.

Thank you so far for giving your movie suggestions. Only need friendsfirst and basilandthyme's.

Lol, TheEvilJester on Ghostbusters enthusiasm. I never saw that movie, BTW.

I haven't seen any of the suggested movie titles yet, if any one else has please speak up and perhaps the suggester could give another title?

Yes, TheEviljester. It is exactly the same type of format as a book club but watching not reading. Everyone share their input to make it fun and successful for all please. Hope to all advice.

I am perfectly fine with a two weeks to watch time frame in order to view and review the movie of choice.

Yes, I will make up all new threads for each movie we pick, since I believe this website locks threads after 30 days so we should all be good without hitting lock shut down.

We decide as a group on which movie. I am not sure how, because I assume most will vote their own movie Lol, but I am impartial and do not care if mine is voted in. We could say in this thread which out of the six we pick, or I could make an anonymous poll and we vote, whomever can think of the best way I am happy to obliged the group.

I think for the Christmas/New Year season we will break, since most will be busy. Does that sound alright?

- - - Updated - - -

Movies so far :

V for Vendetta
    The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
    Wanted
    Martian Child

Happy Weekend Everyone.

I like this idea! Forum subscriber bonding!!
    "Caring is not an advantage."

ALSO.

Anyone reading this can join. Just type in the thread and add your movie.

All current movie club members can ask another member on loveforum also if you want them to join.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, [MENTION=81312]melancholia[/MENTION] you posted when I was typing. We'd love you to join Just pick a movie and I'll add it in later to the list we have so far. Read through the thread all the info is in here. Thank you, hope you join us.

Can we add Canada to the list? Because I'm Canadian.

I am so down for the Ghostbusters discussion. We should all watch the new Ghostbusters w/ the female cast when it comes out, too, so we can compare and discuss!
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I'll try to get on later, if not I will tomorrow. Give any suggestions you'd like to better the idea.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast