+ Follow This Topic
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

Still not sure of my suggestion. I will continue to ponder and ponder until my ponderer is sore. Though, I kind of like most of the suggestions we have had already. Agreed with you on anything over 3 hours. To me, I think once a movie starts creeping any more than two hours it is kind of ridiculous. For SOME movies, it is okay, but it really depends. But, to me, once something starts approaching 3 hours I just find that obnoxious. It better be one darn good movie to keep my attention for that long. Don't get me wrong, some CAN pull it off, but I just think sometimes they need to just trim the fat a bit.

I hate to sound like that, because you should be excited to get more for your money, so to speak. But, I think sometimes a movie can be TOO long and it just makes it hard to watch when it could have otherwise been something you could watch again and again.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] ~ I drift in focus on too long of movies even if interesting I start to get restless & bored. So I see exactly what you are saying & agree.

Think I will make up the suggestion thread for drama movies today ~ even though next season won't start until 2017 I want to have a thread up in-case I am not on right away to make a thread so no one waits for me. I'll check ones mentioned in this thread already & posters can confirm again or change their mind in new thread. OK, all.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] - you will probably have two spaces left for extra movies so you can ask anyone who'd like to give two suggestions ( two members can do this) so your poll can have the full ten options if you'd like. I saw that megvoh mentioned two movies she cannot decide on, so if you wanted she could use both and another poster can, that includes yourself add a second. Just thought I'd mention it to you in case you didn't know the number of poll options we can have. I'll leave you to it, just tag, or PM me when your poll goes up.

I also just suggested two that I couldn't decide between the two of them. For my two, we can either decide on one or just use both in the poll. I am cool with whatever, even if you want me to just pick one of the two myself.

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] - you will probably have two spaces left for extra movies so you can ask anyone who'd like to give two suggestions ( two members can do this) so your poll can have the full ten options if you'd like. I saw that megvoh mentioned two movies she cannot decide on, so if you wanted she could use both and another poster can, that includes yourself add a second. Just thought I'd mention it to you in case you didn't know the number of poll options we can have. I'll leave you to it, just tag, or PM me when your poll goes up.
    Ok ~ I'll add the two megvoh & TheEvilJester gave me & that will give ten movies for the poll. Perfect :]

Thanks everyone. I'll tag each of you in the poll thread.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I've voted [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] and left you some input in your voting thread if you'd like to do that, but is entirely up to yourself how you end a tie. Tag me and I'll empty some messages and come on for a possible second vote. Good luck.

Just wanted to post this since [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] is our first member to win in the vote twice.

What you could do your second time running the review is pick the movie yourself this time around ( if you'd prefer ) no need for suggestions no need for a vote, you just pick a movie of your choosing or even one out of our last polling and make up the thread for all of us to watch and then review. This is up to you, but since you are a second timer on this you don't have to go the long way of doing this if you don't want to and then if you'd like to you can then nom a member to run the next round after you if you pick the movie yourself.

I always have such trouble thinking of one myself, so I think I may not just pick a movie on my own.... but it might be an interesting/nice idea to skip the vote method this time since we seem to keep ending in a tie anyway. LOL! So, since it would be my second time leading, I am pondering the thought of coming up with a theme and asking people to offer suggestions.... and then I will just pick one of the suggestions.

That way people can still offer up movies we could watch, but this time we avoid the long process of voting.... only to probably tie and require a re-vote. LOL!

Let me know what peeps think on that.

What about asking people who wants to run or haven't run a review yet to suggest movies? I just ran this one so I don't need to run another one soon & I don't think dollhouse ever wants to run another one again, she can confirm but I remember her saying that during or after she ran it? [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION] confirm?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I could start with that. If we get enough suggestions, that sounds good. I'd like to at least have a handful of movies suggested. If we don't get many from the folks who have yet to run a round, I may just ask others to chime in with suggestions anyway even if they have and then maybe I'll just nominate somebody who has not run a round to do next time even if their movie was not the one chosen. As long as my nominee is up for it. I guess nobody HAS to run it if they don't want.

As long as I know I am needed to give a movie or a vote I am in

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] ~ Hows it work, my thread for movie review is coming up on its month, I think? Have to check exact dates on this. But three posters have yet to give their reviews so when does this season end after the 30 days or after all reviews that are to come in come in? Because if at 30 days then TheEvilJester can begin to do his season?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

If the thirty days for review has passed, then the winner of this review can always go forward with getting their theme, suggestions and making up the poll for the next round. All of that takes a few weeks so still leaves the last movie review time for end reviews and comments to be made before we jump into the next movie to review. So if TheEvilJester wants to get his going right now it would be fine. I think the thirty days is over at this point and I was late giving my review and in reading the thread megvoh might put hers in later on after the time has ended, which is fine as long as you the thread make, breathe keeps the thread alive.

Thank you, topaz ~ I think Jester must have read all we were discussing since he made up his new season first thread. I'll try to keep the last one open in case megvoh still would like to put in a review in the next 30 days. If not then I'll let the forum lock it up like it has the others inactive season threads.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

It's okay to let it automatically lock because anyone can add their review into this main thread if any of the others are locked.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast