+ Follow This Topic
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest, Watch and then Discuss a movie.

I haven't seen her post since the 26th or day before, topazlight. I think some who post regularly might have given up and assumed the website was gone and are not attempting to log in to check. I'm happy to wait like megvoh said in The Birds thread until the new year 2017.

Hehe forgot to post here day I was able to get back on after the forum screw up ~ I think I'll pick drama for a theme for the 2017 review round.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

That sounds good, breathe123. We'll have lots of choices for us to choose from off that choice. I will start thinking on what mine would be and post in here for you to keep in mind for when it comes back around.

i'll also check out what movies in the drama section i'd like to suggest the most by the new year too. i would suggest the accountant with ben affleck ( was drama and action) but a really good movie most here would enjoy but it is a new release.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Okay so if drama is our genre choice I would probably pick either ...Room (new movie) or Shawshank Redemption ( older movie) as one of my choices.

Those all all nice movie choices, Exeter19 and dollhouse.

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] If you have a good online link for the new movie you want to suggest and others can easily watch then go ahead and suggest that movie.

^^^^ I'd enjoy those movies too. If someone gives me the link to watch a newer movie online I'll watch it :-]

Ones I am debating to use are :
    Ex Machina ( drama & sci fi ) newer movie
    Shutter Island
    8 Mile & another I forget right now will quote & add it in another time so have to narrow it down by the new year.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]

thanks, i'll make sure there is a decent link even if a cam link to that movie before i pick it for the movie group suggestion then.
    [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]

shawshank is a movie i'd rewatch if you pick it. same for 8 mile, breathe123.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Personally, I have pretty much zero interest in 8 Mile. Shawshank, though, I'd happily watch again. I'd have to think about drama to come up with my choice. Off the top of my head nothing specific comes to mind, but I am sure I can come up with something to add to the list.

Okay, I'll go with .. The Shawshank Redemption ( it's a long one but a good one ) and should be easy for everyone to find and watch. Gets a 9.5/10 on IMDb.

When you said it was long, I was thinking you meant like 3 hours or something. LOL! It is apparently about 2 hours 22 minutes. That is long, but not ungodly long.

Would all of you want to watch Shutter Island? TheEvilJester? I see 8 mile is divided. I am still thinking on other choices too, not decided yet.

Another one is The Help. I loved that movie.

So think Exeter & dollhouse have decided on theirs?
    The Accountant
    The Shawshank Redemption
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Jeez! Some really long choices here. LOL! The Help is 2 hours and 26 minutes. Shutter Island is 2 hours and 18 minutes. Again, that is pretty long in both cases, but still no so long that I'd be reluctant to give them a try. So, yeah, I'd be down for either of those.

I just personally REALLY do not like Eminem, and I HATE that song featured in that movie, so I would have to respectfully pass on participating this round if 8 Mile won. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking people not to vote on it. If everybody else wants to do that movie, I am sure as heck not going be the party pooper. I'm just saying, that's one I personally would have to pass on watching.

Okay, so theme is drama? Lemme think right now which one I'd like so I am ready to go start of year. *thinks hard*

If we were all picking new ones I'd say :
    The Revenant
    and a weird one suggested previously :
    Her

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Both those are good, [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION]. The Revenant is a two & half hour movie too.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] ~ lots of these dramas are pretty long ~ anything over 3 hours would be hard for me to watch, I'd have to break it up into a two day watch.

I'm happy to go with The Help.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast