+ Follow This Topic

Thread: After years of talking to almost no girls, I want to get back in the game.

After years of talking to almost no girls, I want to get back in the game.

Hello !

So this is probably going to be a big text and I apologize.

So I [M; 16] have always been a shy guy. I've always had trouble talking to other people. And it got worse 3 years ago. When I was 13, I had my first gf (I still have no idea how I managed that....). It didn't end the best way possible, and for a whole year I was extremely sad and almost depressed. I completely forgot how to talk to girls and I became even more introverted.

Fast forward to today. This is my last year at school and I've decided to take myself in hand. Since the beginning of the year, I'm trying to be as social as possible and to talk to as many people as possible. It's going well, I don't feel rejected anymore and I've a much bigger esteem of myself. I'm also trying to improve my body language.

It's also the first time since my ex from 3 years ago that I feel that I'm extremely interested in a girl. I wouldn't say it's love, but let's say that it's pretty close to it.
    She used to be a friend 5 years ago. We were in the same class and I used to talk to her a lot. She is naturally extremely extroverted, and talks a lot to anyone. So it wasn't difficult to approach her.

Luckily, I've a class with her. 1 class, that happens maybe 2-3 times a week. I used to be sitting right next to her, and in no time I've restarted to talk to her. I think I could say that there was some sort of connection, but like I said, she talks to anyone, so it could've been nothing. But I really think she appreciated to talk to me.
    Sadly, our teacher decided to move everyone's seats, and I'm at the opposite of her. I have no other class with her, so I haven't talked to her in 2 weeks (when our teacher moved us). I feel like I'm going to be losing her if I don't do anything soon.

Also, there was another girl that I was interested into. She too was kind of a friend, 4 years ago. I hadn't talked to her in a long time before 2 months ago. With school, we had some kind of activity outside. We slept far from home for 3 days. We needed to be in groups of around 10, and I happened to be with her. She is kind of a shy girl (well, maybe less than me) and she isn't one of those girls that every guy wants to be with. Just like with the first girl, it clicked really fast. Unfortunately, after the school activity, I have barely talked to her because we have not 1 class together. I feel that I could still easily talk to her, if I had actually something to tell her....

Those 2 girls are friends, and 1 of their friends is someone who I can talk to everyday. But this friend isn't really someone I'm interested in. I can easily talk to her and I think we have a connection, but I don't want her to become more than a friend. But I feel that if I could become closer to her, I could maybe approach her friends....

So here I am, with 2 girls that should be easy to get, but that I can't talk to because of stupid reasons. What can I do?

Thanks you.

TL;DR: I'm a shy guy, and many years ago, I had 2 friends (F) that are now pretty hot. weeks ago, I restarted to talk to them, but now I can't because I don't have any moment to talk to them. I feel like it would be easy to talk to them both, but I can't because I'm shy and I don't know what to tell them. Help me please.

You have plenty of time when you go to your next class,,,,,also you can send them a FB message and ask them out. You are just making excuses for your own insecurities.

Well I'm kinda feeling the same as you as a person. First thing, just to tell yourself that you are not scared is enough to get you enough confident to take you further. Don't be scared bcoz you are introverted or kinda stuffs cuz you are not different than most of the people, and also don't worry about to choose between those three people you mentioned. Talking will get you somewhere and follow your instinct lol I'm sure you will get somewhere close to one than others. Afterwards I guess you will have your entirely confidents back, just do it .

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You have plenty of time when you go to your next class,,,,,also you can send them a FB message and ask them out. You are just making excuses for your own insecurities.
    this is good advice concerning insecurity... just don't message them over Fb... try to beat your fear and either call her or ask her directly

Thanks for the advices!

But I've got a problem now...

Girl 1: she is way out of my league. I could approach her, but I would need to talk to her. At the point where I am right now, she is like a complete stranger. Is it acceptable to randomly go talk to a stranger? Isn't it weird?

Girl 2: I just learned that she had a boyfriend... It's a long distance relationship, but I don't want to make them break up. I'll still try to talk to her, but I think we can say that all hope is down

Girl 3: Well, she just doesn't attract me... She is the one I can talk to the easiest, but also the only girl I'm talking to that I don't really like, not to be mean....

Any advices?

Just keep interacting and getting yourself out there and stop putting so much emphasis on being someone's boyfriend. It will happen naturally as long as you are getting out of your introvert comfort zone and making an effort to do more talking to more people then those that are in your class or sitting beside you.

You can always talk to people about your common classes after school when you see them or during lunch etc. Your common class gives you a topic of discussion to start the conversation with.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Do not give up one
    who seeks will always find a Girl friend