+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pregnant and Being a Friend?

Pregnant and Being a Friend?

My friend is pregnant and due next year, her and I stopped talking in October due to a joke she played on me. I thought for sure she would have tried to get in touch with me by now, but I guess she is leaving it in my hands to talk to her again. Anyway my point here is that, if she was a real friend, wouldn't she try contacting me to have us be friends and talk again? Or even show up at my place, even if she is pregnant to talk in person? I know she is able to go out and about town etc. It's just I feel sadden and upset by this, she calls me her best friend, and yet she won't even be there as a friend, like one of those real girlfriends, that you can always count on, will want to show up at your place and show off her belly and talk about her baby and each other's issues and problems and all that stuff, like a real female friend does. Anyway what do you think about this situation?

Jeesh girl, there you go again about yourself. Well vice versa. If you were really a good friend, you wouldn't be pissed off still over the prank and would call her to check how she is doing. The girl is pregnant and you expect her to drive down there to see you?
    Maybe she think you are still pissed off over the prank and didn't bother to contact you thinking the same thing you are. (If she was really a friend, why didn't she call? etc)
    By the way, if you don't mind, what was the prank? Just want to see how bad it was to break up a friendship.

Well what she did was pretty ****ed up. I had forget what her address was and asked her for it and she gave me a fake address instead of a real one. I thought the address she had given me was the real deal but it was not. So when she admitted she gave me the fake address I was upset.

Whether it's a prank or not, yes that is mean if you did went to visit her at the wrong address. Be the bigger person and maybe send her a nice message . It showed that you at least valued friendship. If she answer you nicely then there's still a friendship there. But if not, at least you see who you don't need in your life to worry about. A little less stress.
    Last edited by Lilly328; 03-12-15 at 09:43 PM.

I have to say that I agree with Lilly328, I can understand you being upset, but you need to ask yourself how important this friendship is to you and make the first step if you want to continue with this friendship. So many times we focus more on self than on others. I personally think you need to reach out and check on her, if at that point she doesn't wish to continue your friendship, then you will know.

When she gave you a fake address it was her way of telling you that she didn't want anything to do with you.
    If you care to see if she's changed her mind on that then YOU contact her and invite her over and stop being so ****ing self-centerdly stupid about life in general.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Agree with Wakeup. This wasn't a prank on her part - it was a way to disconnect herself from you. She's not your friend and doesn't want to be.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

What she did had cruel intent to get you to go away. She had no interest in being friends with you. Real friends respect their friends. She's a sh itty person.

Go out and meet new people, in turn you will find a true friend.

Her and I have been friends since 2003, why after all this time she would cut me out by giving me a fake address? She calls me her best friend, and she only played this prank on me, because she knows me, she knows I will go out of my way to figure out if something is really what it is and I did figure out what her address was.

This past week I tried contacting her, gave her a phone call but she never answered nor did she call or even text me back. We are still friends on social media too so not sure what to think of this.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger101 View Post
    Her and I have been friends since 2003, why after all this time she would cut me out by giving me a fake address? She calls me her best friend, and she only played this prank on me, because she knows me, she knows I will go out of my way to figure out if something is really what it is and I did figure out what her address was.

This past week I tried contacting her, gave her a phone call but she never answered nor did she call or even text me back. We are still friends on social media too so not sure what to think of this.
    She would cut you out after all this time because she no longer wants to be friends. Friends do come and go in our lives as our/their priorities change. She may have called you her best friend once, but I doubt she calls you that anymore.

Did you spend a lot of time complaining to her about your boyfriend like you do here? Does she know that you have no intention of working ever? About the other dysfunctional stuff in your relationship? It's entirely possible that she doesn't like who you've become so she's moved on from the friendship.

It's very sad that she played a trick on you instead of being honest.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It could be she is influenced by others & her other friends do not like you so that was why the prank ~ A real friend doesn't try to hurt or embarrass you.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    She would cut you out after all this time because she no longer wants to be friends. Friends do come and go in our lives as our/their priorities change. She may have called you her best friend once, but I doubt she calls you that anymore.

Did you spend a lot of time complaining to her about your boyfriend like you do here? Does she know that you have no intention of working ever? About the other dysfunctional stuff in your relationship? It's entirely possible that she doesn't like who you've become so she's moved on from the friendship.

It's very sad that she played a trick on you instead of being honest.
    Yes but she spent a good portion of coming to me wit her issues as well. She would always call me to only ask me questions or come by to see me when she was bored or in the area due to her mom working nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger101 View Post
    Yes but she spent a good portion of coming to me wit her issues as well. She would always call me to only ask me questions or come by to see me when she was bored or in the area due to her mom working nearby.
    This doesn't alter me believing that she no longer wants to be your friend.