+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Keeping it Clean

Keeping it Clean

How many of you females have husbands, boyfriends, fiances, etc. Who are slobs? Like their rooms, apartments, houses, are dirty, piled with clothes, junk, just stuff everywhere and no matter how many times you clean up their mess 100%, it still ends up the same way time and time again? I am trying to help my partner get organized and get his place cleaned up but every time I clean it, it gets messy right away. I don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger101 View Post
    How many of you females have husbands, boyfriends, fiances, etc. Who are slobs? Like their rooms, apartments, houses, are dirty, piled with clothes, junk, just stuff everywhere and no matter how many times you clean up their mess 100%, it still ends up the same way time and time again? I am trying to help my partner get organized and get his place cleaned up but every time I clean it, it gets messy right away. I don't know what to do.
    My husband is more tidy than I am. He has accepted that I'm not as tidy as him and I make an effort to be more tidy than I otherwise would be.

It's all about compromise on both sides.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

My boyfriend is sloppy, and I am very neat. If I were younger and interested in having a family, I know I would have to adjust, but since I do not plan to marry again, I just realize that we will always maintain separate households.

BTW - I do not recommend you clean up his place. You are setting yourself up to be his mommy.

I'm not very tidy. I have a hard time putting clutter away, it overwhelms me and I tend to avoid doing it until I absolutely have to lol. That being said, I'm not dirty and certainly don't live in filth. My ex boyfriend wasn't super neat and tidy either, we were about the same, but he never picked up after himself - ever. I had to do all the house work while working a full time job, so it became frustrating and exhausting. The guy I'm dating now is very neat and clean, but not in an obnoxious or neurotic way.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Quote Originally Posted by smarta$$ View Post
    My boyfriend is sloppy, and I am very neat. If I were younger and interested in having a family, I know I would have to adjust, but since I do not plan to marry again, I just realize that we will always maintain separate households.

BTW - I do not recommend you clean up his place. You are setting yourself up to be his mommy.
    How would I become his mommy, just by helping him clean up his place?

I like everything nice and neat but way too busy to clean up, hence, I hire someone to come clean my house once a week. The only reason my boyfriend's house is spotless is because he has a housekeeper.

Tell your boyfriend to hire someone like I do to clean up his mess.

He's an adult he should be able to clean his own place up, he hasn't invited you to move in yet, so don't clean his shit up until he gives you that invite, imo.
    Clean whatever mess you make yourself there and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger101 View Post
    How would I become his mommy, just by helping him clean up his place?
    Historically speaking, mommies clean up after their children. Do you really not get this?

On the other hand, if he starts to see you as a mommy-figure, you probably won't have to worry much about having sex with him... Grown men don't usually want to have sex with their mother figures.

I love my place being nice and tidy, so does he but its a house that we live in, eat in, sleep in, relax in. We have kids who play and have toys everywhere so as much as I clean and try to keep it nice, it does very quickly get messed up again.

I think you can get over some clutter and untidyness. As long as its not dirty or a feeding ground for bacteria