+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do we date A-Holes and Not Good Guys?

It means exactly what I just said:
    Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    love yourself first. Then you won't fall for assholes.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Someone who is self absorbed wouldn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger101 View Post
    I never understood that love yourself thing, what does that even mean?
    It is about respecting yourself and expecting to be treated right. Not allowing someone to walk all over you

Love is

Quote Originally Posted by lightstar View Post
    It is about respecting yourself and expecting to be treated right. Not allowing someone to walk all over you
    And yet, you prefer assholes who walk all over you instead of us nice guys who want to lick the footprints you leave, when we really want to lick your feet (creepy, but its the point).
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Quote Originally Posted by friendsfirst View Post
    This really smart man I know explained it to me a few hundred times...it shows dominance, being the "alpha male". Women like to be shown "who is boss." It sounds dumb, but I can see a million examples all around me. If you have this super nice guy, one who treats you like a princess, 99.9% of women are going to take him for granted, push him around, and eventually lose respect for this push-over. Once you lose respect...the relationship is doomed, hence why we end up with assholes who pretended to be nice guys in the beginning and then do things just to piss you off and turn around and say, "Am I nice now?"
    Assholes are not respectable at all. They are the ones who abuse women, take advantage of the weak, and are self-centred. Women who like assholes are misguided and have no idea what a respectable man is.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12