+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused

confused

So basically, we worked together and he was in a relationship and has kids with his gf. Then I stopped working for that company but we kept in touch. One day he asked me out and also told me that his gf cheated on him and he moved out. We went on a date and he was really nice (though I was aware of being a rebound girl, just I didn't mind as I wasn't interested in anyone with that much baggage). We kept seeing each other and were intimate. His behavior was incredible. He called me everyday, texted the whole day long and even was helping me with my finals (I am back in school). He introduced me to his brother and even invited me over to his mom's house but I didn't go. One day he told me that he talked to his ex gf and let her know that he was never going back to her and that she got upset. Now I panicked as I wasn't sure I wanted anything serious with him (I sort of had some feelings for him at this point but still didnt want anything serious). One day I texted him that I feel weird about us. He got hurt I guess and texted me that it is ok as he was going back to his family anyway. The next day he apologized, told me that he was talking from a hurt place and jumped to conclusions. We were cool again for few days. He asked me what I was looking for in terms of relationship. I said I was not sure and he replied that he was in a world of confusion too but he would take whatever I was ready to give him. Last night, after not saying usual good night he texted me at 3.30am to let me know that he was with someone else and that he was sorry. I replied that I was not mad but I was done with him. His reply was that he got really wrapped up in feelings for me at the beginning and never thought I would like him as much as he liked me. But by the time he started to doubt his feelings he realized I liked him too, so he was sorry to lead me on.
    My question is, why did he go from hot to cold? Was I a rebound girl only?
    Btw I told him I was not mad and he kept texted me the whole day today. Just random stuff about my day and his day.

First... please make it easier to read for us... format your text a bit better so it's not so hard to read (hint: paragraphs).

That was pride I am pretty much sure. He is still hot, but he wants to show prove that he's not (to himself)... don't ask... male thing

just be to the point with him... either you want it or not.

When you play it straightforward with him, you'll see he's still hot with you!
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right, because he keeps texting me. I just don't understand why let me know about his hook up at 3.30 am.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyM101 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I think you are right, because he keeps texting me. I just don't understand why let me know about his hook up at 3.30 am.
    I guess he's waiting to see if you're jealous. Were/are you jealous?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

When I read the text in the morning, I was hurt (or my ego was hurt). Then I realized that he killed all chances for something more (if there ever was a chance). Now I am ok, not sure what to think of him as a person though.