+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I move on.

How do I move on.

Ok..I've been dumped after 5 years by a woman I considered to be my soulmate, I am just broken by it and have been having some pretty dark thoughts about my personnal future, to me I've lost my soulmate, my lover and my best friend all in one go, I'm not interested in starting again with someone else, let's face it how do you trust anyone these days....for the sake of my kids I need to get back to some sort of normality but I don't know how, I'm so confused by it all and I've been deeply affected by it all....anyone have any words of wisdom??

Are your kids ones with her? Or no. Do you know why she dumped you?
    Maybe going out of town for the holidays with your kids would help clear your mind and not being in the same place area you spent with her could help too.
    Do you still have any contact with her or that's it from her?
    Last edited by megvoh; 15-12-15 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typooooooooooooooooooooo

My children are from my failed marriage but they live with me, there's no chance of getting away over the Christmas, all my family is right here around me, she's finished with me because of the children, they all have learning difficulties and behavioural problems which she is saying she couldn't cope with on a full time basis....luckily we didn't live together!! I was still in contact with her but now she's not replying

Be grateful you had 5 great years with her, filled with memories that you can treasure. If it was another girl, she may not have lasted longer.

You need to remain strong for the sake of your children. They need their father's full attention. I know you have your needs but if keep your children as your main and top priority, maybe it will help you move on. Stop dwelling on the past and keep yourself busy. You have enough family issues to deal with. And stop communicating with her. She is actually doing you a favor by not replying to you.

You are most likely right but it doesn't feel like she's doing me a favour

Quote Originally Posted by Celticdevil View Post
    You are most likely right but it doesn't feel like she's doing me a favour
    She's doing you a favor because she wants nothing to do with you anymore and by calling and texting her, you are prolonging the agony for both of you.

There is no more point in communicating if one person is done with the relationship. She's moving on and you have to do the same.

When I got divorced moving on was easy, I was determined after what was a pretty bad time that I was going to be happy again, but this feels different, this has ripped my soul out....sorry I'm probably talking rubbish

Hi, Devil ! Think this person had too much functions in your life. Now you can find several people who will replace her- like find friends and etc.

This video might help to get over her
    [url]https://youtu.be/Nuigtu9gHH0[/url]
    youtu.be/Nuigtu9gHH0

Also this guy have more relationship and development videos.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

There is nothing wrong with grieving the loss of your relationship but by purposely prolonging your suffering by continuing to communicate with the person who caused you your pain to begin with and obviously wants nothing to do with you anymore, is just plain insane.

Just be grateful she's kind enough to cut you off sooner rather than string you along.

Thanks pcmaster I'll take a look

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    There is nothing wrong with grieving the loss of your relationship but by purposely prolonging your suffering by continuing to communicate with the person who caused you your pain to begin with and obviously wants nothing to do with you anymore, is just plain insane.

Just be grateful she's kind enough to cut you off sooner rather than string you along.
    My suffering will continue whether I'm in contact with her not, simply because I know what I've lost

Quote Originally Posted by Celticdevil View Post
    Thanks pcmaster I'll take a look

- - - Updated - - -

My suffering will continue whether I'm in contact with her not, simply because I know what I've lost
    Yeah but it's not fair to her that you prolong her agony just because you are unable to move on. You are being selfish for only thinking of what you can get out of her. If you love her, let her go find her peace and happiness from someone else since you were NOT able to do that for her.

Yeah let's not talk about her being with someone else

do not worry
    he who seeks will always find
    You will find your soulmate