+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: energy drinks

energy drinks

so last week i had a "monster" drink for lunch and i was up THE ENTIRE NIGHT! now mind you, i can drink 3 redbulls without feeling anything. i was a HUGE caffeine junkie for a long time. (recently gave up the coffee.) but this monster drink is crazy. i felt like i had been doing meth all day long.

i seriously thought i would have a heart attack. i had to go to an all day training class the next day and i was so exhausted.

that shit is so bad for you.

Tone Guest
    haha awesome, I could use that... since I fell asleep on a Saturday night watching The Godfather Part II around 12:30am.. I'm such a puss these days.

12:30? wait till you're going to sleep at 9. then 8:45. then 8:20. then 5.

Hmm, maybe i should start some E-Drinks too... Today I feel extremly tired and frustrated at myself... I was so tired that i didn't even know how to write...
    Don't expect anything.

Tone Guest
    I need a good breakfast bar, any suggestions?

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day I know, and I usually make myself a nice big breakfast on the weekends, but I just don't take the time on weekdays and only have time to grab somethin out a box (currently healthy granola bars) so does anyone have any good alternatives?

since i've been having to get up early and go straight to work i have a problem with eating breakfast too. i don't get a chance!

but i've been making burritos and saving some for the week. you could put whatever you want it it and wrap it up in foil and freeze them!

i'm well on my way to becoming the latina martha stewart.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hear you on the energy drink thing 'sombra......I drank one, (forget which one) and it gave me the shakes for like an hour. I drank it at like 9:00 pm and I couldn't sleep until 4 am. That scared the crap outta me! The worst was though, a long time ago when I was taking supplements while working with my personal trainer, they had ephedra in them which wasn't banned yet.....I had to stop taking them because it felt like my heart was going to give out before I even got on the treadmill. Freaky!!

Tone, protein bars are good in the morning....they actually fill you up, better than granola.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Tone Guest
    Hey Nina :)

Any recommendations on good ones?

for some reason i can't handle those energy bars either. they give me horrible tooth-aches.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey!

Uhhhhhh..........I can't think of any names at the moment, but there's one that makes one that's chocolate peanut butter and it's so damn good, you wouldn't kow it's good for you. Powerbars aren't BAD, but some flavours tend to taste like old shoe.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

don't they have a lot of sugar?

I once drank one too, it tasted like crap and didn't give me anything...
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    I hear you on the energy drink thing 'sombra......I drank one, (forget which one) and it gave me the shakes for like an hour. I drank it at like 9:00 pm and I couldn't sleep until 4 am. That scared the crap outta me! The worst was though, a long time ago when I was taking supplements while working with my personal trainer, they had ephedra in them which wasn't banned yet.....I had to stop taking them because it felt like my heart was going to give out before I even got on the treadmill. Freaky!!

Tone, protein bars are good in the morning....they actually fill you up, better than granola.
    you probably had "monster". you know how dave chapelle had his skit about red balls, cocaine in a can? this is like crack and meth and heroine in a can.

lol Red Balls

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    you probably had "monster". you know how dave chapelle had his skit about red balls, cocaine in a can? this is like crack and meth and heroine in a can.
    Haa haa I just watched that skit yesterday, I freakin LOVE Dave Chappelle!!

And yes, power bars do have a lot of sugar. But they also have a lot of protein, so good filler in the morning.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast