+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does she still talk to me like everything is fine?

Why does she still talk to me like everything is fine?

So, it is me again. I am 40 and my ex broke up with me after telling me how she was falling in love with me, could see herself marrying me, I was perfect. She ended it out of the blue because her kid (12) did not like my kid and she said we could never have a happy family. It has been 2 weeks and she still talks to me like everything is fine and we are best of friends. She acts happy and even stops to talk to me when I see her in passing at work. She calls out to me if she sees me in the hallway and asks how I am and treats me like we were friends.

Why would and how could in her mind think things are great and we are still friends? It makes it hard to
    Get her off my mind. Why would her motivation be?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TG87 View Post
    So, it is me again. I am 40 and my ex broke up with me after telling me how she was falling in love with me, could see herself marrying me, I was perfect. She ended it out of the blue because her kid (12) did not like my kid and she said we could never have a happy family. It has been 2 weeks and she still talks to me like everything is fine and we are best of friends. She acts happy and even stops to talk to me when I see her in passing at work. She calls out to me if she sees me in the hallway and asks how I am and treats me like we were friends.

Why would and how could in her mind think things are great and we are still friends? It makes it hard to
    Get her off my mind. Why would her motivation be?

Thanks
    Because she's stringing you along. She wants to have you around while having the ability to find someone else just in case her dating adventures do not work out.

Date around and make sure she knows about your dates and you will see how fast she will turn around and start begging you to take her back.

Have you asked her to **** off and leave you alone? If not, why not? She broke up with you and if you can't get over her while being friendly with one another then cut off the nicey, nice and tell her.

... Oh btw: You don't have to use my words but whatever you say to her, it should pretty much mean the same.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

There are two options. The first one is that she thought things over and changed her mind.

Or.

She's playing you and wants a back up plan because you qualify.

Tell her that if she respects you, to give you some space for the time being. If she doesn't give you space, then you know she's playing you. If she gives you time to think about your options, then she might actually want something. Even if she doesn't, it's nice to think about the options either way. Maybe see other people.

Talk about wanting to have your cake and eat it too!

Was she drinking when she ended it? Did she forget she made such a definitive statement? Time to confront and clarify.
    Spammer Spanker

Even lovers are friends. If you were her friend and lover, then this should be no problem. If you like her, then be nice. You get nothing by giving negativity.
    Relationship Coach - RelationshipTeacher.com