+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do i do??

What do i do??

So I am in 7th grade, and I just asked a girl out to the middle school dance we have at the end of the year. She said yes, but now whenever I stand near or talk to her or any of her friends, it's very awkward. I don't know how to approach this. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus L. View Post
    So I am in 7th grade, and I just asked a girl out to the middle school dance we have at the end of the year. She said yes, but now whenever I stand near or talk to her or any of her friends, it's very awkward. I don't know how to approach this. Any help?
    Whoah - go you! There are guys much older than you who can't ask a girl out and get accepted.

First I want to reassure you that this is pretty normal for your age. I remember my daughter's year 6 teacher saying something about how at this age, it's all about standing around awkwardly - and the kids agreed!

If you want to make it easier, how about getting to know her better alone? Ask her to come and hang out at the mall (or whatever kids in your age/area do)
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

invited her for a walk in the park
    Get used to it, and cease to be nervous

Nice! I would have absolutely chickened out if I was back in the 7th grade in your shoes.

I can definitely see this being an awkward situation for the pair of you at that age though. You could try hanging out with her and her friends so they warm up to you.