+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriends phone.

Boyfriends phone.

Hi all...

I just need some advice.. I don't want to jump the gun and think the worse .. But sometimes how can u not.

So my partner is pretty secretive with his phone . Only when he has credit , other times it always just on the coffe table faced up. But when he gets credit it's always faced down, he takes it to the bathroom and now when it used to be on vibrate it's now in silent at bed time .. I have googled this n they say red flags etc.
    Then tonight he had it in his pocket . He said its cause he was waiting for my texts when I was out . Well I got home and it was still in pocket then he had a shower n after that it was still in his pocket. I did say why is your phone still in your pocket .. And omg !! He completely flipped out.. Got all defensive saying I'm the prob etc. y I'm so insecure. I'm not normally but when this keeps happening u gotta speak up.. I just need some advice please.

those are red flags

Yeah, if my girlfriend was being suspiciously secretive on what she was doing on her phone, I would be all sorts of insecure too, definitely a red flag.

I suggest bringing it up as a discussion, let him know beforehand that you're not accusing him of anything, it just seems a bit odd to you. Ask him to maybe see it from your point of view? If you were acting secretive with your phone and flipped out when asked about it, would he think that's ok?

You need to trust your partner
    and from him to claim the same

Unless there is more to the story that perhaps you hadn't shared, my first question would be why did any of his phone habits bother you in the first place? Just keeping his phone face down on the table, or keeping it in his pocket does not sound all that unusual to me. Personally, I always have my phone in my pocket. So, I don't honestly think you should have bugged him about it in the first place.......

HOWEVER, when you did, his reaction leans me to believe he IS hiding something. If he wasn't, there would be no reason for him to flip out about it. I mean, not unless maybe you've constantly pestered him about it after he's repeatedly proven to you that there is nothing to worry about. If that were the case, I could understand his frustration. I didn't get that impression from your story, though.

If he is being blatantly secretive about his phone, then I personally DO consider that a red flag.