+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im jealous

Im jealous

I've been dating this girl for about 10 months. I have always had a lot of friends that are girls but I am crazy about my girlfriend and really love her. A while back I had one friend that was always wanting to text me and just talk. She knew I was dating someone. Maybe I should not have texted back so much but I would respond to her questions and and ask how she was doing etc.. Usually she texted me a few times a week but there was a week she texted me every day. Everything we ever talked about was completely innocent and never had a hint of flirtation or anything. Well my girlfriend borrowed my phone one day and flipped out at the text. It almost broke us up but I knew I really cared about her and didn't want to lose her. She decided it wasn't worth losing me over and I decided to cut ties with the friend. I understand it is a bit odd to talk to a female every day when you have a girlfriend. I would think it was weird if she did the same.

So its been about two months since that incident and things have been awesome but I recently found out there are some guys that blow up her phone on a daily basis. Usually she runs to the bathroom and leaves her phone sitting on the counter top and it just vibrates back to back with several guys that I don't know. First few days it happened it didn't bother me too bad but its been about two weeks since I noticed it and just about everyday I see these guys texting her. I don't open the phone or read what she says but I can see what they say.

Things they say....
    LOL
    Your so lame
    Dont be lame, come see me
    I miss you
    Do I look better clean shaven?
    Hey what are you doing, want to chill?
    Come to ****
    Oh haha

Usually when she gets out of the bathroom she will open her phone and text back. She tells me openly that her friends are texting her to come out but that she would rather spend time with me. She tells me all the time she loves me and doesn't ever want to lose me. She even says she is very serious about me and wants to marry me one day. So from these messages they may not seem too bad but I cant help but feel jealous and curious what this is all about. You have no idea how bad I want to read more but I stop myself. Another important thing is she has spent every single night for the past 2 months with me. She is either at work or doing something with me. She really has no time to go out and hang out with other guys so that calms me down a bit. There was one night she went out with her friends for 2 hours (she said they were girls) but she texted me the entire time every few minutes. I didn't ask her to she just did it. The she came back to my place after.

The main reason this bothers me is because of how she flipped out about my female friend. I've been nothing but good and not talking to any females excessively. My first instinct is to honestly flip out and ask her WTF why is there some double standard here? Why is it ok for you to talk to guys daily but not me? I get anxious and a little sick to my stomach even thinking about this. I don't know how to handle this and I want to confront her about it but I don't want to ruin anything. Should I say something to her? I don't want to be the guy that invades her privacy but at the same time she did that to me. I just want things to be good but not sure what I should do. What I should say or just let it go. Ughhh.

Since she freaked out over your text to the opposite sex I think you have the option to do the same to her due to her opposite sex texting.

You don't need to freak out over it to her but do have a conversation with her about it and how seeing those text come in makes you feel.

Have you met any of these men that want her to "hang?"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Never met any of them. But to be fair she has never met any of my friends. Ive tried several times to invite her with my friends but she just likes it to be me and her.
    Last edited by jrharvey; 18-01-16 at 03:33 PM.