+ Follow This Topic

Thread: fresh from jail: ex issues

fresh from jail: ex issues

So, first post. I just did 28 months in lockup. I broke up with my girl because I didn't want to be that guy asking his woman to wait for him. But she says to call whenever, and she writes. I have 1 year left and I receive a letter from her telling me she is still in love with me, ends up coming to visit me while I am in a pre-release center. In all this story she is living with someone, they have a rough relationship and thats because of me. He knows how she feels about me and how I feel about her. Her family has told me that he is abusive so that has caused issues with trust between them. While i was away she hung out alot with my mom and sister, they both like her very much. But they say she was always scared about him not finding out that she was with my family. I don't know where i am going with this story. I am just completely confused because I love the girl, and I always have. Thats why I felt like I was doing the right thing by breaking up with her so she wouldnt have to deal with that life. But in all that time i always wished I had her to confide in. I am just really confused on how to deal with the situation.

You did a selfless act, is to be commended but might not have been what was best for either of you from the story you told us.

Keep in contact with her, be friends for now, encourage your sister and mom to look out for her too and see what will happen upon release and if things are get back to where it was before jail.

^^^^ Don't do ANY of that unless she has broken up with her current boyfriend. She's obviously troubled if she stays with a guy that beats down on her when she could so obviously have you (who is also troubled if you are in jail. Would she be leaving one jerk for yet another? No offence, however...).

Tell her outright that she shouldn't be coming to visit you or your family as long is she is with him when particularly he doesn't want her doing that. He could seriously beat the shit out of her for less then that.

Then, when and if she's dumped him, tell her to come see you then if you feel you want to be with her when you're free.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion