+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can guys and girls be just friends?

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Tone is just making up shit..haha
    ohshi... busted!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I know right!

Junsui I didn't want you to see this side of me... I wanted you to always think of me as a kind-hearted spirit with big pecs, a smile on my face, and a shh! on my side. Forgive me...
    lol don't worry I still think of you that way

Tone Guest
    Okay whew, I still picture everything you say with a cute southern accent and you batting your eyes at me.

That's good because that's how I would talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    lol don't worry I still think of you that way
    I'm rude, selfish and no fun at all.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    I'm rude, selfish and no fun at all.
    Sure, I definitely believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Sure, I definitely believe that.
    lol...Good, as long as we're clear on that.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by jcwill
    I met this girl through a mutual friend. We started hanging out by going to clubs and we might chill together on the weekend. We've talked almost everyday since we first hung out (about 3 months). She supposedly likes some other guy who is like 5 hours away and he might come up in our conversation, but she knows I don't like to talk about him. I try to tell her that he's playing with her because she asks me questions about the things that he says. She also knows that I like her. I want to be more than just friends with her, but I still want to be friends with her if nothing more. Should I just leave her alone altogether?
    Per the thread title: yes, guys and girls can have a platonic relationship.

Per your post:

The girl is using you as an emotional tampon. You function as someone that makes her feel good about herself (you're attracted to her, compliment her, allow her to gently turn down your overtures) and you're someone she can talk to. If she feels insecure or needs information, she'll ask you, but she isn't necessarily attracted to you. I think you've been LJBF'd (Lets Just Be Friends). Of course, I could be wrong since I'm dealing with about a half-paragraph worth of information, but pretty much all the signs are there. I recommend being less eager to spend time with her. If she wants to hang out on Saturday tell her you're busy and find some other time, if she calls you for those long winded conversations don't give in and place a time constraint (I have to go in 15 minutes, I have a friend coming over in 20 minutes, I need to get ready in a moment, etc. etc. etc.). You have to make her earn the right to be hit on by you. Do this, and then suggest you guys go out sometime (don't make it sound like a date, make it sound like a fun opportunity for her to get to spend time with you). This can have a few results, either she becomes interested / begins displaying interest, or she withdraws and you guys start hanging out less. But either way, if you're interested, its better than what you have going on right now.

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten. Take a risk, you should always be willing to risk losing someone to get with them.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

thank you!

the honest to god truth is no... girls and guys cannot just be friends. I am assuming that both individuals are attractive and heterosexual. Usually it's the girl who wants to be friends while the guy secretely wants to be more than friends. Any guy who says otherwise is lying out of his a**. There is a difference between wanting to have sex with a person and acting out your desires.

we men, well most of us these days, not me (but yes, we men) we have one thing on our mind, pussy. its a shame really, i'd say unless your lookin to get nailed by your friend, stay away from that. yipes. as i explained to my girlfriend, the reason i stay away from other girls is pure temptation. i know i love her, but still, its always there, and who knows, maybe you'll run into the miller light girl or something. Then there can be a negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsavagebeast
    we men, well most of us these days, not me (but yes, we men) we have one thing on our mind, pussy. its a shame really, i'd say unless your lookin to get nailed by your friend, stay away from that. yipes. as i explained to my girlfriend, the reason i stay away from other girls is pure temptation. i know i love her, but still, its always there, and who knows, maybe you'll run into the miller light girl or something. Then there can be a negotiation.
    That's a lovely thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    the honest to god truth is no... girls and guys cannot just be friends. I am assuming that both individuals are attractive and heterosexual. Usually it's the girl who wants to be friends while the guy secretely wants to be more than friends. Any guy who says otherwise is lying out of his a**. There is a difference between wanting to have sex with a person and acting out your desires.
    I agree with this post. Except between hetero/homosexual friends, there is always an element of sexual curiosity to contend with.
    Last edited by shh!; 30-09-05 at 07:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12