+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can guys and girls be just friends?

can guys and girls be just friends?

I met this girl through a mutual friend. We started hanging out by going to clubs and we might chill together on the weekend. We've talked almost everyday since we first hung out (about 3 months). She supposedly likes some other guy who is like 5 hours away and he might come up in our conversation, but she knows I don't like to talk about him. I try to tell her that he's playing with her because she asks me questions about the things that he says. She also knows that I like her. I want to be more than just friends with her, but I still want to be friends with her if nothing more. Should I just leave her alone altogether?

I think guys and girls can be friends, I have several guy friends, but it'll be difficult when one of you has stronger feelings for the other.

But do yall talk everyday? and go to the mall, and out to eat? I try not to seem so available or needy, but I can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcwill
    But do yall talk everyday? and go to the mall, and out to eat? I try not to seem so available or needy, but I can't help it.
    If you can't help it, IMO that is a problem. See how she feels and address this issue, otherwise you might end up dissappointed later on.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by jcwill
    No I dont usually go to the mall with guy friends since they don't seem to be interested in doing that. I don't talk to them everyday either, but then again I don't think any of them think of me as more than a friend like you do with this girl. Like Asip said, talk to her about it. You said she knows you like her?

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    No I dont usually go to the mall with guy friends since they don't seem to be interested in doing that. I don't talk to them everyday either, but then again I don't think any of them think of me as more than a friend like you do with this girl. Like Asip said, talk to her about it. You said she knows you like her?
    Yeah, but don't get it twisted, I'm not, like, in love with her or anything.

I never assumed you were in love with her, just that you liked her as more than a friend. I think that's what you said? Maybe I'm mistaken. Either way, it's best to just talk with her about it. If she doesn't feel the same way, then just continue on as friends since I don't think it'll come as too much of a shock to her since she is already aware that you like her.

Here, read up on the Ladder theory
    [url]http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html[/url]
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Here, read up on the Ladder theory
    [url]http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html[/url]
    hah I've seen that so many times, some of it maybe true, but not all

You wish. It's true. Women.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I just read that crazy ladder page..... WOW. Someon had way to much time on their hands

Tone Guest
    This is like the 9th thread that's been posted asking the exact same question.

Bah humbug.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/search.php?[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    This is like the 9th thread that's been posted asking the exact same question.

Bah humbug.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/search.php?[/url]
    What is this search feature? That's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    What is this search feature? That's crazy!
    lol..yea...I don't see that feature anywhere . Tone is just making up shit..haha
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    I know right!

Junsui I didn't want you to see this side of me... I wanted you to always think of me as a kind-hearted spirit with big pecs, a smile on my face, and a shh! on my side. Forgive me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast