+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I watched the 25th Hour

I watched the 25th Hour

I saw this DVD on a friend's shelf, thought I'de borrow it. Been lying on top of my DVD player for 2weeks. Thought I'de watch it today.

Just finished it and man I am depressed. It's a Spike Lee movie, never seen a Spike Lee movie before, heard alot about Spike Lee in the news. Edward Norton plays this guy who is about to go to prison for 7years. So he spends his last day meeting up with his 2 best friends, his dad and his girlfriend. Isn't it always like that? When time runs out, you know who and what is really important to you.

I've been to NYC and I thought it was great. There was such a buzz and opportunities seemed to be everywhere. Probably cause i was in the nice areas. Never ventured anywhere past 110th. But there this one scene where Norton curses just about every race and type in the city; it's really raw and it actually hurts to hear all those stereotypes said out. Are areas in NYC really that bad? Is it such a rough city where the cops are foul-mouthed and corrupt?

The movie was brilliant. I'll definately stop complaining about my routine life. Routine is better than going to hell ie. prison.

Tone Guest
    Spike Lee is the man.