+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggest your movie (Season 2)

Suggest your movie (Season 2)

So as many of you know we had this movie club started by [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] This is basically same thing but me carrying on since topazlight been ascent. I call it "Movie Club season 2"

For newcomers I will say this - In this topic you are suggesting your movie to vote. It can be new or old movie. As long as you find it good and worth watching its all good. Then after people suggest their movies I will create new topic with a poll where we could vote the one we would like to watch. Winner movie will be required to watch then and in another topic - third topic we will Review it and share our thoughts and impressions.

I will start - I suggest my favorite movie "Over the top" (1987) with Silvester Stallone. Many of you probably have watched it but I hope some haven't. [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093692/]Over the Top (1987) - IMDb[/url]

Okay next suggestion ! Its enough just to write movie name, but year would be preferred too since there are many movies with same name made in different years. Just to be safe ^_-.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 07-02-16 at 04:44 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

[MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] ~ So what do I do? Pick a movie from the 80s too, or a action film like you said ( looked your movie up ) or can I just suggest a film of any genre & any decade, even if it is newer?

I'm just looking for insight before I give my movie suggestion. Halps me. ;-]
    Last edited by breathe123; 08-02-16 at 09:44 PM.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

You can suggest any genre and any year movie as long as you find it worth to suggesting Breathe.

Also I want old movie club members to know that we started season 2 of movie club. [MENTION=81358]friendsfirst[/MENTION] [MENTION=7184]Gigabitch[/MENTION] [MENTION=81312]melancholia[/MENTION] [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION] [MENTION=64115]basilandthyme[/MENTION] [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]

Also I would to invite some of my friends to this movie club. [MENTION=82185]PrincessKiara[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=66459]michelle23[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=66261]Kromat83[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=72025]Lilia[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=52694]Wakeup[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=47273]smackie9[/MENTION]

Also guys you can suggest the same movie you previously suggested if you want.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-02-16 at 06:09 PM.

I'm going to put some thought to other movies to add to my suggestion list, but for now I will stick with my first suggestion of "Martian Child." I won't go into too much detail so as to avoid spoiling anything, but John Cusack (an actor I somehow always seem to enjoy) plays an author who winds up adopting a child who believes (or at least acts as though he believes) he is actually from Mars.

It's not as goofy as you'd think from a premise like that. It was actually a pretty touching, fun movie that I very much enjoyed. Maybe not everybody's cup of tea, but I'm hoping it is one some other folks here will enjoy as well.

The Lovely Bones.

~ 2009 film
    After being brutally murdered, 14-year-old Susie Salmon (Saoirse Ronan) watches from heaven over her grief-stricken family -- and her killer. As she observes their daily lives, she must balance her thirst for revenge with her desire for her family to heal.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Hey all ! I would like to join movie club too. My suggestion is -

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/]The Intouchables (2011) - IMDb[/url]

Good movie Breathe. Really an art. Theres no violent scenes as description might suggest. Watched it in very high quality on my new(back then new) laptop.

Great movie Paradise. It touched me even when I was watching it in French without understanding a word.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-02-16 at 06:16 PM.

Her

2013 so says IMdb

Genre: Drama, Romance, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Special Interest
    Runtime: 2 hr. 6 min

Spike Jonze takes the helm for this comedy about a withdrawn writer (Joaquin Phoenix) who falls in love with his computer's highly advanced operating system.

That should be Windows 7 lol. Havent seen that movie but sounds interesting. High rating on IMDb too.

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/]Her (2013) - IMDb[/url]

Thanks for participating megvoh.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy, hands down. They're so epic...touching, funny, illustrating the battle between good and evil.
    Not to mention Faramir is completely adorable!
    I'll be there, there for you (I'll stay close to you)
    I'll be true, true to you (I'll stay faithful)
    All day, all night (I'll do all for you, all you ask me to)
    I'll be there by your side! (All day, all night I'll be there, by your side!)

You know, actually, that could be kind of a groovy idea. Do a series of movies like this. I will say this, if we did decide to do that (for example, going with the Princess's suggestion of the Lord of the Rings trilogy) I think if/when we do cover a series, we should do so one movie at a time.

In other words, say we decide we are doing the LotR series.... We decide this time we're covering the first movie. We all go watch that, come back here and discuss for a while, then after that is done we start over with the second, and so on.

Just my thoughts. I think doing a whole series all at once may not work well for everybody. It is much easier to find time to watch one movie then come back and discuss. Though, I am certainly open to the idea either way.

Good suggesting, Your Highness. :-)
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 11-02-16 at 07:17 AM.

You are really FanGirling about your movie [MENTION=82185]PrincessKiara[/MENTION]. But you are actually suggesting series of 3 movies. By the rules in the vote can win only one movie. So you have to suggest only one.

But Im sure those movies are good. After all how can Lord of the rings wont be good.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 11-02-16 at 08:30 AM.

[MENTION=82185]PrincessKiara[/MENTION] and [MENTION=68329]ParadiseLost[/MENTION] would you like to be added to the movie club list?

My movie is : Run Lola Run
    1998 - Crime/ Thriller

Sure add them ! But since when there is a list lol? Forum is for everyone and people can pop in and out of topic as they like.

Topaz, IDK how Lola gona come up with 100'000 Deutschmarks in 20 minutes but I might watch the movie just to find out how.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 12-02-16 at 05:37 AM.

Okay -- don't have a lot of time to post but here is my movie suggestion --

Detachment (2011)

Drama
    Henry Barthes (Adrien Brody) is a substitute teacher who shuns emotional connections, and never stays long enough in one district to bond with his students or colleagues. Troubled and lost, Henry lands at a public school where an apathetic student body and disinterested parents have created a frustrated, burned-out group of teachers and administrators. Inadvertently, Henry becomes a role model to his disaffected students and bonds with a teenage runaway who is just as lost as he is.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast