+ Follow This Topic

Thread: TAVS Lessons

TAVS Lessons

Okay, here's an interesting thread I'm going to start. Well maybe it won't be interesting but time will tell. I'll add to it periodically. It will contain either lessons I learn, or lessons I need to learn with regards to dating.

Entry 1:

Women may ask why you're single or why your last relationship ended. They will use this against you!! A good reply might go something like this, "Well I was with a wonderful person, If you'd like to know more, I'd be more than happy to share on say our 3rd or 4th date if we get that far"

Entry 2:
    I need to learn how to tell when women are flirting with me. I was just informed by some fellow co-workers last night that a former co-worker was always flirting with me and I didnt even notice. Things like sticking her chest out etc. Interesting.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Ooh, interesting, and here is a counter-lesson: flirting does not necessarily imply intent.

Also, can you clarify how a woman could use breakup info against you?

I think he means if a woman gets the idea that it could be his fault everything fell apart, she'll be scared to continue and can use anything negative against him.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

But what if she is merely trying to see if he is willing to accept any responsibility?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    But what if she is merely trying to see if he is willing to accept any responsibility?
    True but even if he does accept responsibility, many women cannot let go of the past and will keep reminding you of certain things which is unfair IMO.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Its not that you keep it a secret forever, just until she gets to know you a bit better first. Besides, isn't it generally a rule not to talk about Exes anyway?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yes, I believe you are right, former relationships should not be discussed for at least a couple of dates. Actually, I believe in only telling that which is necessary for the other person to know, and no more.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Its not that you keep it a secret forever, just until she gets to know you a bit better first. Besides, isn't it generally a rule not to talk about Exes anyway?
    Exactly, Tavs. When a guy, right from the start, tells his new g/f so much about his ex...Most of the time it ends up bad news. It eventually comes up though, there's no easy way about it.

Lesson 3: Dating new people is fun. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

Lesson 3.1 - No balloons no party
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Stay out of my Lessons Dude.
    I didnt have any baloons for my party and the night turned out pretty damn well.

Here are a couple lessons I tried today and are based off things I've read..

Lesson 4: Girls like a guy who’s spontaneous. Even if you're not that type of person, you can pretend. For example, I've been planning to take this girl to dinner tonight since earlier in the week. I didn't mention to it until today. Walla, instant spontaneity.

Lesson 5: Girls like a guy who's confident. I didn't ask her if I could take her out for dinner, but rater told her. "I'm going to take you to dinner tonight." Obviously this isn't always going to work and you can't sound controlling. I lead into it.....I'm sure you've got exciting stuff to do after work.....Well I have three movies from Netflix.....Well sounds like you're not going to be bored at least.......well I can't watch them all in one night.....true, I have an idea, I'm going to take you out to dinner tonight.