+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Has he broken up with me or is he just having space?

Has he broken up with me or is he just having space?

A few days ago my boyfriend told me he was having doubts, he was happy with us and how we were together but unsure as he wasn't as crazy about me as he thought he should be after four months.*He said he didn't want to end things and wanted to find a way for us to work through this but he didn't know how to. He even suggested we see more of each other. When he left, I was under the impression we were still seeing each other but needed to work through this.

We were speaking via text the next day, I suggested we have some space and meet up in a few days to see where we're at. He said he'd be 'happy to meet up ' but he didn't know if anything will have changed or how to make things how they should be between us.

I replied saying how I think we should take things day by day and focus on having fun, no pressure and see how things go. That if we both try and put effort in we can make this work. But I also said I wouldn't force him to stay with me if he doesn't want to.

He never replied and hasn't made contact with me for three days now. Is he trying to push me away or having time to think?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneJones28 View Post
    A few days ago my boyfriend told me he was having doubts, he was happy with us and how we were together but unsure as he wasn't as crazy about me as he thought he should be after four months.*He said he didn't want to end things and wanted to find a way for us to work through this but he didn't know how to. He even suggested we see more of each other. When he left, I was under the impression we were still seeing each other but needed to work through this.

We were speaking via text the next day, I suggested we have some space and meet up in a few days to see where we're at. He said he'd be 'happy to meet up ' but he didn't know if anything will have changed or how to make things how they should be between us.

I replied saying how I think we should take things day by day and focus on having fun, no pressure and see how things go. That if we both try and put effort in we can make this work. But I also said I wouldn't force him to stay with me if he doesn't want to.

He never replied and hasn't made contact with me for three days now. Is he trying to push me away or having time to think?
    I can understand this. I actually just broke up with a girl where I was in a similar situation. I loved her to death but wasnt IN LOVE. We dated for over a year. I wanted to love her so much but I couldnt make myself do it. She knew I was unhappy. I told her exactly what I wanted out of the relationship. I liked more affection and her pursuing more (I felt like I did all the work). I wanted her to be more open minded about traveling, trying new things, being active and outdoors, trying new foods and being more playful in the bedroom. We talked so so many times about this and she just refused to even try to do any of those things and well I ended up leaving the relationship. She was absolutely heartbroken and so upset but it was what I needed. I know she loved me but not the way I needed to be loved. In the end she wasnt willing to try to change anything and maybe thats ok. Just means we werent meant for each other.

My advice for you is if you really want to be with him ask him to be HONEST and tell you exactly what he wants. Even if its bad. Maybe he wants some more sex or something he is embarrassed to tell you about. If your willing to listen then ask him to open up and tell you what he needs. Otherwise it may end the same way as mine.

I am pretty sure he's going through a phase. What goes on after the end of the phase well...it's up for you to find out.

I was in a situation where my girlfriend at that time was having the "blaaahs" in our relationship. I wanted to find out everything, why it was like that when I was so deeply crazy about her. In the end, it was just something I still couldn't really understand. Then begin to understand.

People who are still unsure about a relationship mostly wants space to think. Think about what - I don't know. It's like us having "me time". We can't exactly explain it but we do understand that it's pretty important once in a while.

It's nice if you can have a long chat about what's wrong or generally, what's making him feel that way. A really nice chat that won't make him feel like he's pressured to answer anything for the sake of answering. You know, like doing stuff you both love to do and then when you're both calm and relaxed enough delve into what's been bothering him about your relationship.

He will tell you when he feels he's ready.

He could want space or has met someone new and is now exploring that relationship -- contact him after a week ends and get him to make a final decision on what he wants with you, if he wants nothing more than accept it and go your own way. No point beating a dead horse, right.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.