Would you continue to date or see a man that talked trash about you before you started dating? I was friends with this guy for a couple of years. We started hanging out together more and got to know each other and we ended up dating over a year. I found out after we were dating that he said some things about me before we started dating. He told his friends that he would never touch that. Meaning me or get with me. And he told some other friends and family that I had tried to kiss him. That if I wasn't such a skank that would be great. And told someone that I was too much of a skank. I used to have a lot of guy friends I would hang out with so I didn't have to go out alone but didn't sleep with any minus a couple I dated before him. But he didn't know that much about me that way to call me that. He just saw me hanging out. Then a week later we started dating. I feel devastated after finding out things he said about me because he told me that he had feelings for me too before we started dating and thought I was hot. I wonder if that was a lie too. He denied ever trash talking me but I saw it with my own eyes in writing. On at least a couple of things. He told me that the other guy said that and that he never said any of that and then he shifted the blame to me and acts like hes' the one hurt that I believe them. But he has been known to talk about people and as i said I saw a couple of things with my own eyes. He has also lied to me about other things in the past. I still love him but now we aren't talking because I think he's lying to me about saying those things and because it hurts me a lot. Why would he even date me. I must have looked like a fool going out with him and hanging out with him and his friends after they knew what he said about me before. I thought he was a real friend before we dated but if he was doing that I don't see how. Any advice would be great.