+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My heart broken for loving a veteran

My heart broken for loving a veteran

Our story started out like this..

I met him randomly on a site. That site wasn't too popular. He started talking to me and would keep the conversation going on.
    He asked me to meet up with him a couple of times til one day I finally decided to give it a Yes.
    I then found out he was from the military.
    We met a couple of times til he told everyone at his work that I was his girlfriend.
    I never dated military men because they only stay for a few years and leave.
    Most of the stories I hear they only go for casual or the girl falls inlove and has her heart broken.
    Well even knowing what would happen, I trusted him because he looked far more serious than his friends who preferred casual relationships.

He would bring me flowers. Take me out for bowling do so many things. That even for as long as I lived in the country I never tried half of the things I could've done before.
    Everything he did made me feel like a princess. He insisted meeting my parents. I refused because I wasn't ready.

As months passed by and it felt like it was getting stronger, when i was finally ready for him to meet my parents.
    Few days before the meet, he gave up and suddenly said he needed to focus on himself. He didnt want me to be tied in a knot without having to do whatever I want.
    I was honestly confused I couldn't understand I never nagged him I always understood that his priority was to serve his country.
    When he said those words of breaking it off I could see he was a lil hesitant. I felt so crushed but I stood infront of him like it didnt hurt.
    Can someone explain why he became such a coward? I knew how this would end but I trusted him knowing he promised he would never hurt me.
    I was willing to go for a long distance relationship and was willing to visit him in his hometown every year.

Can someone talk to me bout this? I feel really hurt and I'm struggling every day with a lot of questions, trying to move on.
    Only thing that could help me out he just venting it here and hear your opinions. It would help so much.
    Last edited by broken88; 14-02-16 at 10:18 PM.

I'm sorry to hear how your relationship ended. From what you say it sounds like he may have suddenly realised things were going faster than he was comfortable with and that he wasn't yet ready to commit to the sort of relationship you obviously wanted. It must be hurtful and a blow to your self esteem . It is always painful when a loving relationship ends, but you will meet someone else. On the bright side (if you can see there might one) it is not easy being married to someone in the military, and especially if you have no experience of military life thru your family.

Hey, I appreciate your response. Yeah I figured.
    What recently happened was he saw me with his workmate and its the guy at work he's so jealous about.
    Me and his workmate just saw each other and we talked.
    I din't think it would matter to him since after a week the guys working with him saw him with another girl.
    But he started ranting at everyone and saying how he's so hurt.
    I mean I can't understand why he's hurt and he thinks I'm not.
    But what I'm proud of is telling everything I've been wanting to say even if he cut me off from everywhere.
    Its sad same time is cause I don't think we'll have a good closure and things will be the way they are.
    I'm still hurting but I'll be fine. I just don't wanna use anybody to fill the wounds I rather deal with it on my own.