+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I made the wrong choice, is there a way to fix it?

I made the wrong choice, is there a way to fix it?

One year ago, I was in a really bad place emotionally. I met someone who seemed perfect (Guy A), but I convinced myself they couldn't be into me and started dating a guy who I kinda liked (Guy B). Guys A and B knew each other vaguely prior to me meeting guy A.

Guy B and I had a good time for a while. I know he was really into me, but I didn't really feel the same. I ended things a bit ago after I realized I was just hurting both of us by continuing the relationship.

I hadn't seen Guy A in about 7~8 months until about 2 nights ago when we wound up working together for a day. He said all of 3 words to me and wouldn't look at or talk to me the rest of the night. That's when I realized that maybe he really had feelings for me back then. I don't know. I asked later if I had done something that upset him but he said no, but didn't say anything further. The problem is, even when I was with Guy B, any time I listened to the music I love, it was always Guy A that would enter my mind. I always thought of it as a crush over a person who was way out of my league. At this point I just want him back in my life. Even if there are no feelings from him, his ignoring me on purpose hurts way more than thinking we were both busy and had drifted apart a bit. I don't know if there's a way to fix it, but even if there isn't, is there a way for me to clean my mind of him? And/or a way to keep from thinking of him when I listen to music?

Yours truly
    Really-Good-at-Screwing-Stuff-Up

First I ask you... do you STILL think youre not good enough, or that Guy A is "out of your league"? If you think like that then just let it be and leave him alone.
    If you realize that you are in fact "good enough" and that this "league" stuff is a bunch of bull... then YES... tell him exactly what you just posted... that you were not in a good place and thought there was no way he would actually be into you... tell him that you really liked him and still do, and ask him if there is any chance of a do-over.
    People deserve to know things like this. I bet he was left wondering why he wasn't good enough for you, why you didn't choose him.... Tell him that you thought he was perfect for you... he deserves to know this!
    Please give it a chance and see where it leads. The absolute worst thing that could happen is that he will say "no thanks" .... and then you know, and then you can get him out of your head... and if that happens, you learn that you have to stop this "Im not good enough" crap with yourself... I don't care who you are... you are ABSOLUTELY good enough for anyone!

Find Guy C, turn him into your new Guy A.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!