+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help figuring out what's going on

Help figuring out what's going on

Morning all,

I'm new here and thought I'd just ask for some help regarding a girl at work I asked out via a Valentine's Day card. I sent a "Happy Valentine's Day" message yesterday and got no response, she was at work yesterday and didn't mention it to me, she even came to the till I was on and bought some things and said nothing (she was her usual cheery self, possibly pretending I hadn't given her the card). Someone at work mentioned she had spoken to them about the gossiping regarding the Valentine's Day card I gave her - they gave me the impression she wasn't angry/annoyed about it. I've looked online and it's possible she's just being shy (both of us haven't been in a relationship for about 4 years) and either can't bring herself to say no or yes. Also she's well known for failing to reply to messages on Facebook even from her family/friends so there was no guarantee she would have replied to my message.

I'm just a bit stumped at what to do. If I knew this was going to happen I would have just asked her out in person, I just thought that I'd be a bit different and old fashioned and give her a card.

Any help would be welcome.

I don't understand... you gave her a card on Facebook? Was it through messenger, and are you Facebook friends with her? If so, you can see if she has viewed the card or not.

I gave her a card at work.

Anyway no need to continue as I got a message from her tonight, looks like I was a little bit too late as she's currently seeing someone. Said thank you and was flattered, wanted to still be friends (those dreaded three words).

At least she knows I'm interested.

Good attitude you have! I hope you find someone even better!