+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I in the friendzone?

Am I in the friendzone?

When I was having a fling with a guy he used to say that we are friends even before I felt we knew each other well enough to be considered friends.
    He would tell me that he finds me attractive and is into me all while repeating that we are friends. When we stopped sleeping with each other and continue being just friends he kept acting like he did before. Texting and calling everyday, talking for hours. I have know for a while that he can't last a day without talking to me. If I don't call him, he will find a reason to get a hold of me. I find it kind of strange but to be honest I like the conversations and enjoy hearing from him.
    Lately, however, he started to confide in me. He tells personal things and asked about my personal life.
    He compliments me too but not too often. Maybe once a week he'll say something about my looks or personality.
    Then suddenly last week he tells that I'm an amazing person and an incredible friend. I am not sure what is he up to. I mean, I have a plenty of friends but none of them talks to me that much and none of them tells me I'm amazing, etc. Did he put me in the friendzone? I heard that people put others in the friendzone if they're don't want to let them know how they feel about them. Is that true? If I am just a friend, why does he need to emphasize how good of a friend I am. As far as me, I like him but I wouldn't call him an incredible friend. I think of him as a friend with whom I enjoyed having sex.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so what's the problem then? i can't tell if you're happy about this friend or you want something more? if you do, then ask him because only he will hold the answer.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...