+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need serious help. SOS

I need serious help. SOS

I've been seeing someone recently after being single for a year & dealing with a break-up subsequent a 5 year relationship, and I'm just a hot mess. I am 22 years old. My first and true love happened when I was only 17 years old, and we were together on and off until I hit 21. Then distance, lack of communication & trust ruined everything. I was devastated and maybe even depressed, and still am 'till this day. I pity myself for having given my all and wasted my precious youth with someone that couldn't even hold on a little longer. So after sobbing like a weak wimp while he continues to hit and run various women, I've finally retrieved the will and desire to walk with someone else. I can actually picture myself with someone else now, something that I could not do before. However after the fourth date with this new guy, and to be honest I feel like I've known him in another life; he feels like a best friend and we totally click when we communicate, he starts requesting hugs and I was in desperate need of some affection so I was more than willing. And the first hug wasn't on the fourth date, it was during the end of the 1st, when we said goodbye to eachother after he walked me home. But yesterday, there was a lot more going on. Both physically and emotionally. We were walking alongside a lake for a whole hour and then we sat down and hugged for longer periods of time, and to my surprise I just burst out into tears. That's when he hugged tighter, was provoked more crying. I don't know what happened inside of me, and he doesn't either. He was aware that I was broken and told me not to worry, that it won't happen with him. but he has never been broken, and i doubt he can handle all my baggage. so i stand up and tell him we should go, and next thing i know i'm standing between his legs as he continues to hug me tight. fine with me, but to my surprise this guy eventually starts kissing me neck. i just stood there and went with it, 'cause it's been a while and i missed the feeling. i did not return the favor, however. eventually we get up and leave because i had somewhere to be..

So now i'm just confused about what his intentions are, whether i will ever be able to get over my ex, & if i should proceed with this guy in the direction he's signaling. is what he did normal?is he just taking advantage of the fact that i'm broken, knowing i'm vulnerable and in desperate need of some kind of affection/approval to regain things i once had before being broken? should we have remained friends for longer? why/why not? i think i have feelings for him, but i'm terrified. I'm having serious trouble believing he actually has the intention of marrying me. i know that i am super young for marriage, and i do not intend on settling down just yet, i'd just prefer not to waist any more time and know who my future mate is going to be, and build something great and strong. advice please?

Jeezus.. He hugged you and then kissed your neck. Where in all that did he even ask you to marry him? I'm flummoxed as to why you would even be mentioning such a thing. You just started out with this guy. Cool your jets for goodness sakes. Hugs and kisses are perfectly normal for two people who are attracted to one another to be doing so continue DATING and see how things go.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion