+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Leigh 57

Leigh 57

My partner has 25 year old son.Although my partner left their housing association house 6 years ago he remained on tenancy,this was to keep a hold on the property for his son.Sons mother has now moved out leaving son in property.My partner refuses to tell the landlords,he says he won't let his son lose his home.I so worried about what he's doing.what do you all think ?

Can't their son take over his fathers lease or rental lease? I am not sure how this works in your country but you could always contact a lawyer to advise you, maybe a free legal aid.

Thanks for reply.The son wouldn't be able to take over tenancy as it's a 3 bedroom property,it would be given to a family.I can't make my partner listen to sense.He will end up with big fine and his son will be evicted.

Could the son get other family or friends to take up residency with him to fill the three bedrooms? I still think contacting free legal advice would benefit your partner, so, they can keep the property and not lose out on it. Why would he have to pay the fine, if the property would no longer be his or his sons? I think since the son lives there it is up to the son more so to make sure he keeps the housing, not your partner who doesn't live on site.