+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is body hair a turn off?

is body hair a turn off?

I have body hair, chest, back hair, on may arms, shoulders. i ahte it

ive tried to shave it but it just gets tiring constantly having to shave plus it itches

im very self conscious about it and usually have sex in my shirt lol

girls never say anything though.

though a couple have forced my shirt off. they just say wow your hairy!

im like yes i know. genetics geez

no girls have been turned off it seems

is there anyway i can be more confident about it?

I share your affliction, and I hate it just as much. I mean, I'm not Robin Williams hairy (God rest that funny man's soul), but I'm hairy enough that it bother me.

The thing is, there is no one answer. Some women will find it a turn off, some women will find it extremely sexy. Then there are women who would prefer less hair but don't really care that much. Then there are women who just flat out don't care in the slightest. There is a whole wide range.

So, if you can help it (believe me, I know how hard this can be) don't let it bother you if it only bothers you because of that. If it bothers you simply because it bothers you, then feel free to do something about it if you'd like. You could maybe look into laser hair removal. I don't know how expensive that is, or how long it lasts, since I've never looked into it myself, but it supposedly works well.

There are also other products that help with hair removal that maybe you'd find easier to use. For me, I hate it, but not enough that I've ever bothered doing much of anything to deal with it. For me, it's more like I wish it weren't all there, but it is what it is. Though, I'll say this.... if laser hair removal were to turn out to be both affordable and effective, I'd at least consider it.

Anyway, so to sum up, some women are going to like it, some are going to dislike it, some won't care either way. If it doesn't bother you, don't sweat it. If it does, then maybe do something to remove it.

I personally love men with body hair. It adds to the sense of "masculinity", but what is even more attractive is a man with confidence about his body and physical situation. If you feel comfortable with body hair, leave it! Honestly, shaving it makes it worse. Not that it grows out of control, but it starts growing back so quickly and it's not soft. It's prickly and not as nice as a lush patch of chest hair (I am also a sucker for dudes with leg hair on their thighs... ok I need to stop lol). If you feel more comfortable without body hair, I would suggest waxing or even laser hair removal. Waxing a large area of the body like your chest or back or arms is nowhere near as painful as it is for a woman to get her p*ssy waxes (and a Brazilian isn't even all that bad, tbh). Laser hair removal is more permanent. Both options are great for men who aren't as happy with their furry bodies. At the same time, if you are meeting women who have a problem with it, then you are meeting the wrong women.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

What do you do when you go swimming or the beach, or you never go? or the hair only bothers you in sexual situations? You can buy expensive at home laser removal systems,maybe invest in that & do it yourself areas at a time. That would overall cost you less than going in weekly for salon laser treatments.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

All women are different with their likes and dislikes. I had a friend that was creeped out ( her words) that a guy she was dating shaved himself, underarms and legs.

To end this endless debate. We should all share the goat. Or you can be both hairy and hairless at the same time B) , shave off the abs hair. Leave the chest hair. Youll feel like wolverine in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    (I am also a sucker for dudes with leg hair on their thighs... ok I need to stop lol).
    You mean as opposed to dudes with head hair on their thighs?

:-P

LOL! I'm sorry! I HAD to! I simply could NOT resist.

Hahahahahaha
    "Caring is not an advantage."

I personally don't like too much body hair but I know lots of women that do. Everyone is different and I think there are more important factors to consider when choosing a mate.

If you happen to marry a girl that hates it, then buy an electric trimmer. Very fast and easy and avoid ingrown hairs because you are not shaving too close to the skin

I think you should just make peace with it.

Laser didn't work for a male friend who is very hairy, and it cost him a lot of money, just to have it eventually grow back.

Personally, I am a fan of men with hair, which (to me) signifies masculinity. If I wanted to touch hairless skin, I would take a female lover.