+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusing Feelings Towards Ex

Confusing Feelings Towards Ex

A year ago my ex-boyfriend and I dated on two seperate occasions. The first time around we broke up after a major argument. He claimed that I never made time for him and I pointed out that all we ever did was fight. We ended things on a sour note. The second time we got together nearly a month after our previous relationship had ended. We'd tiptoed around each other up until that point, which was honestly hard to do considering that we had nearly every class together. We ended up staying together for nearly six months, going so far as to say, "I love you." But, he and a couple buddies came up with a very obnoxious game in which they would take a penny and try to toss it into the cleavage of a girl. I took offense to it, especially after my older cousin (who liked my ex) was targeted. We didn't talk for nearly two months before I said that I thought we needed time apart. His response? "Okay. Bye."
    Now however, we've gotten very close once again. And I've realized I never really stopped loving him. The problem? He's in love with my best friend and also claims he doesn't want to date until he's in college. He's slid extremely perverted and, although he can make me laugh with his perverted nature, I can only take so much.
    Any advice? A part of my actually hurts when I think of what we had when everything was good, but another part is terrified of what will happen if things go wrong.
    Help?

Love set aside, a relationship shouldn't make you feel hurt and nervous. You are with the wrong guy, and you need to realize there is better out there. You are sacrificing your happiness because you are in love with only a portion of this relationship. You are not understanding that you can't paint a turn gold to turn it into gold......it's still a turd. I know it's hard to let go, but for your own self interest it would do you a world of good to move on and forward. Tip: date those who treat you the way you want to be treated...you don't train them to treat you better.